Bars and pubs in Hua Hin to remain closed indefinitely

webfact

2 hours ago, swm59nj said:

The consumption of alcohol always seems to be a hot topic in the forums.  From such high importance, It gives the impression not much else to do in Thailand.  

After much consumption of alcohol, the suitablity of ladies broadens and selection becomes easier.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Haven't been to Hua Hin for while but surely all Pubs, Bars and Karaokes there got converted to "restaurants" like many other areas? Or do they enforce different rules?

The wife and I were in HH for the Christmas/New Year's week. There were plenty of pubs/restaurants serving alcohol just fine then, as they had been doing before for some time.

I assume, the same as has occurred in Bangkok, this HH order is only being applied to the bar-only places and related girlie places. But the food and alcohol combo places are plodding onward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UKJASE said:

everything was open last night - but the police are enforcing 11pm close......  i went to the hilton area pubs after that tho, and they were open still at about 1am when i left

Interesting, I thought that area would be the last to reopen.

Personally I've decided not to go to any bars at all until this pandemic thing is well and truly over.

I'm not much of a 'barfly' anyway and generally only went out once every week or two so it's not like it makes much difference to me, but some people I know go 'down the pub' literally every single day - without fail, they were hit hard by the pub closures.

I always wondered what they do sitting in their little studio apartments all day with nowhere to go ????

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Personally I've decided not to go to any bars at all until this pandemic thing is well and truly over.

I'm not much of a 'barfly' anyway and generally only went out once every week or two so it's not like it makes much difference to me, but some people I know go 'down the pub' literally every single day - without fail, they were hit hard by the pub closures.

I always wondered what they do sitting in their little studio apartments all day with nowhere to go ????

You can order food in im sure you can order entertainment in too ????

12 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Well maybe they liked going out for a drink?

I enjoy an evening out with a few beers once a week or so, now the rest of my spare time is taken up with reading, building a model railway, family, dogs and composing sharp answers for Thai Visa ( or whatever it is called these days )! Note that there is no real significance to the order of the list.

Those who went drinking every night presumably spent the day sleeping and girding their loins ( now there's an unpleasant thought) for the next nights exertions. It is, as the locals say " up to you"!

Anyway, I have stopped buying beer to drink at home - the homemade cider is so much better, and cheaper!

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

That area especially the karaoke bar next to polo has some very good connections!

Since the coup d'état on 22 May 2014, this land is constantly taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
It seems, while time is progressing, we are taking 3 steps back instead of 2 at the time.
A little bit longer and Thailand will fall into the deepest crisis it has ever known.

We don't have bars or pubs. For example,  the monkey bar is now the monkey kitchen.  The pink lady is now the pink restaurant. Wonderland is now called wonderland food court.  The sign companies have been very busy. Life goes on as normal. The ladies,  I mean waitress are all waiting for the sexy men. 

On 1/26/2022 at 8:20 AM, soi3eddie said:

Haven't been to Hua Hin for while but surely all Pubs, Bars and Karaokes there got converted to "restaurants" like many other areas? Or do they enforce different rules?

Yes, was there very recently. Just like anywhere else, bars are now also restaurants.

Bars etc, being closed is not a local mandate, it's throughout Thailand currently.

• Thanks 1