pre departure pcr test

Jen65

13 hours ago, 2ndhomepattaya said:

Have you considered doing a web search???

Best PCR options in Pattaya

yes, it comes up with adverts but better if it comes from experience/users of this forum 

• Like 1

I find all the domestic airlines in Thailand are being incredibly cryptic about their policies on vaccinations and PCR tests.  AirAsia, for example, has an entire page on "Flying Safe with AirAsia" which does not mention vaccinations or pre-departure tests at all.  "For Malaysians, please ensure that you are eligible to travel".  What does that mean? What about everyone else? Are unvaccinated travellers accepted? With or without a PCR test?  Nok Air doesn't seem to have anything on it's website other than the arrival requirements in each Thai province they fly to: nothing on requirements to check-in and board.

8 hours ago, KamnanT said:

I find all the domestic airlines in Thailand are being incredibly cryptic about their policies on vaccinations and PCR tests.  AirAsia, for example, has an entire page on "Flying Safe with AirAsia" which does not mention vaccinations or pre-departure tests at all.  "For Malaysians, please ensure that you are eligible to travel".  What does that mean? What about everyone else? Are unvaccinated travellers accepted? With or without a PCR test?  Nok Air doesn't seem to have anything on it's website other than the arrival requirements in each Thai province they fly to: nothing on requirements to check-in and board.

I had to directly contact Finnair Thailand to find out about their policy for " boarding "  and what tests required if any because not stated in the booking info - only destination info and they sent back again info on destination which was all out of date - see my other post about europe accepting the Mor Prom App .   I know what is required at my destination better than the airline but it is what is required for boarding I wanted to know !  As it turns out , either PCR or antigen test . 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

I had to directly contact Finnair Thailand to find out about their policy for " boarding "  and what tests required if any because not stated in the booking info - only destination info and they sent back again info on destination which was all out of date - see my other post about europe accepting the Mor Prom App .   I know what is required at my destination better than the airline but it is what is required for boarding I wanted to know !  As it turns out , either PCR or antigen test . 

'As it turns out , either PCR or antigen test . '

Either or neither? 

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Local intelligence  is far superior  to Google.

I'm NOT looking for a PCR test !!!  I'm looking for antigen test with certificate - huge difference in costs 

11 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Quote :negative covid-10 PCR or RT-PCR test result taken earliest 72 hours before the departure of the first flight or a rapid antigen test result taken earliest 48 hrs before the departure of the first flight in a continuous journey to Portugal

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You should have said that in your opening post!!!

ah yes - it was only just now when I found out what was actually required for boarding from Finnair that they would accept antigen test .  In the past it has always been PCR test .    If  more airlines are accepting the antigen test then the monopoly by Bangkok Hospital will quickly loose its appeal and hopefully a few clinics will start up to accommodate demand for antigen tests+certificate . 

5 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

So how do you present/ validly an antigen test?

Could you clarify that this is an airline  requirement  or a nation requirement?

Which are you going  to choose?

One is still governed by the airline requirements if you want to board the plane !    I know the destination requirements and can comply without tests ,so that part is not the subject anymore .  Europe has agreed for travellers from Thailand to enter with the Mor Prom App showing double vaccinations .  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

One is still governed by the airline requirements if you want to board the plane !    I know the destination requirements and can comply without tests ,so that part is not the subject anymore .  Europe has agreed for travellers from Thailand to enter with the Mor Prom App showing double vaccinations .  

Thank you I started a thread about this weeks ago. The issue of which airlines -NOT COUNTRIES, which airlines require  tests. There is still no central list I'm afraid

• Like 1

Good news from the author of this topic ( I did try to change the topic to "where can one obtain a an Antigen Test" ( but that seems impossible )

In Jomtien one can get the PCR test for 2800 baht and the Antigen test (with certificate for 750 baht (or very near that figure) so that is considerable cheaper than Bangkok Hospital ( 3500 baht)    PLUS many airlines now appear to be accepting either PCR or Antigen / lateral flow tests now for pre boarding which will be a boom for travellers .  In 2020 Bangkok Hospital started out charging 6000 baht for PCR tests and one had no choice then - they were the only ones doing it here .

The Clinic in Jomtien is "Chanya Medical Clinic"   near the Hanumann statue - Tel: 038 303 762