Blown away at Buriram Office Visa Waiver Extension Experience

4 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Indeed, and there aren't any "Visa agents" in Buriram. Friendly, helpful, yes but also amazingly effective at handling peak workloads.

Just make sure you had a good cuddle with your wife before you go there. They don't deserve grumpy old farts.

Do you think that there's a correlation between there being no visa agents and the friendly helpful service people apparently enjoy from the Buriram office?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Heard that Buriram is moving its immigration office coming Tuesday. Any details on that? 

https://www.facebook.com/102191051555789/posts/488213316286892/

Their Facebook page seems to say something about that, although I don't think the Chang Arena branch office is affected by it. What I don't understand is why is their FB page all in Thai? Do they have that many Thais looking to extend their visas?

10 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Indeed, and there aren't any "Visa agents" in Buriram.

You'll find that Buriram immigration are the only  'visa agents' in Buriram. They control the under the table 'extensions'. You want 'under the table' they will accommodate you in their office. They're as crooked as the next office. And more expensive than the agents in Pattaya.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

8 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Heard that Buriram is moving its immigration office coming Tuesday. Any details on that? 

Seems to be true. Since living in Buriram for 16 years immigration has moved office 8 times. They even moved to one location twice during that time. There's got to be some reason for doing so but I'm scratching me head as to why.

So here I am unfortunately bringing bad news. It seems the stadium satellite office no longer has a computer.  (What ?  Yes, that’s what he said) I was there this morning, February 1st to do my extension.  I saw the same office fella as described above. Great guy, said he’s no longer able to do them and I needed to go to the new office which is close to their old existing main office.  In the years coming here prior, I have found this satellite office & manager to be very useful, helpful and knowledgeable. 
Fast forward to the new office. Together we completed all the documents and they told me to come back in a week to get the stamp in my book. I don’t know if this is a new system but it’s new for me.

Wayne