Thai schools advised to suspend group activities to prevent COVID-19 infections

webfact

school-reopening-2-e1643361818982.jpg

Schools nationwide have been told to suspend all group activities after clusters of infections, among students and teachers, have been found in schools in 11 provinces, including a boarding school for female students in Ratchaburi where more than 300 of the 576 students and teachers tested positive for COVID-19.

Assistant spokesperson for the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan said today (Friday) that their subcommittee is concerned over clusters of infections in eateries, markets, factories and, in particular schools, where clusters have been detected in Ratchaburi, Nan, Phetchaburi, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Roi-et , Samut Prakan, Nong Khai, Yasothon, Loei and Si Sa Ket.

She said clusters have been found in pre-school, kindergarten, boarding and sports schools, despite students and teachers being fully inoculated.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-schools-advised-to-suspend-group-activities-to-prevent-covid-19-infections/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-01-29

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Nationwide, the majority of all schools have been closed since 10 months. What do the children when they don't have school?

They meet and play together!

In my view, those responsible for school policy have totally failed. To date there is no national concept to organizing regular school operations. Sad

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

“Dr. Apisamai added, though, that religious rituals are not the main cause of clusters, but post-ritual activities, such as parties, are. This is because most participants remove their face masks and sit tightly together and, sometimes, they engage in gambling.”

Wow, the school curriculum really has changed. Has anyone told the education minister…

sarcasm alert 

I reckon it's the teachers. I have some very fond drunken memories of school trips .....as a teacher with my Thai colleagues on the annual school trips. It was at those camps that I understood just how male 'dominated' thai society was. The female teachers took care of the students...and the male teachers got smashed and played 'bok-bok' and had no interested in looking after the students.....until we arrived back at the school.

Last week a kindergarten class was so happy to see me back in school again that  they all jumped over me and hugged me and not for 5 minutes but whole period I was with them. Nothing could prevent it, even though the teachers tried but as soon as a few students went back another group took its place... Young kids don't understand so what can you do about it...

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 8:15 PM, webfact said:

She said clusters have been found in pre-school, kindergarten, boarding and sports schools, despite students and teachers being fully inoculated.

Well being inoculated doesn’t stop you getting it, we all know that. Kids are the most important and are getting trounced by these inward policies. Let’s all move on, shall we, starting with the schools. Be bold, Thailand!

On 1/29/2022 at 7:41 AM, hotchilli said:

Group activities, does that include normal classes?

Clusters nationwide but national numbers are still low...

Hmmm

Yep. If being in a classroom is not a group activity then what is. Mind you there's plenty of non-active students in Thai classrooms.

• Like 1