Khon Kaen immigration office

essex boys

Hi all, anyone have any experience with Khon Kaen immigration it’s going to become my local immigration office, just wondered what they are like to deal with, I know each officer will treat you differently but just wanted to find out what they are like generally, I will be applying for non O end of March 

Excellent service in all my years here.
Didn't / don't like the fact that they recycle copies of peoples passports and applications and use for things such as next 90 day report.    I am all for recycling but ...
One time I had a full passport page copy of someone else.
They stopped doing this for a while but my last 2 visits they have started again

Rarely any problems or harassment there.

Last retirement extension took about 25 min.

Was empty in the morning.

Latest saga from a mate is that they want bank letter and book update from same day.

Never needed for me since 2012. Always from day before.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I've not been there for some time as we have an office in Mahasarakham now but it used to be my local one. Some years ago it did have a reputation for dodgy practices but I never saw that as I try to avoid that but there was definitely an unpleasant atmosphere probably due to not all the employees being comfortable with the corruption. 

Then there seemed to be a change in some of the personnel and it suddenly became a place where they were smiling and seemed to be enjoying themselves. If that's still the case and the replies here seem to suggest that then you should be fine. 

I've been to the Khon Kaen office since it opened, first at the police training school, and now at the bus station.  Never a problem in all them years.

Before that you had to go up to Nong Khai, and that was quite a different story.

21 hours ago, essex boys said:

Thanks for all the replies and information gents, puts my mind a bit more at ease, I’m off there next week to extend my 30 day visa waiver for another 30 days then I will begin the Non immigrant OA visa application..

I bumped into a guy outside who was a bit confused with a TM30. If you are going to extend a exemption or whatever you have, be prepared to file one if someone hasn't done for you. Else they won't grant an extension. But other than that they seem pretty efficient.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:13 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Rarely any problems or harassment there.

Last retirement extension took about 25 min.

Was empty in the morning.

Latest saga from a mate is that they want bank letter and book update from same day.

Never needed for me since 2012. Always from day before.

I think I also read here that we need to copy every stamped page of passport. I will find out next month when mine is up.

On 1/31/2022 at 9:01 PM, essex boys said:

I’m off there next week to extend my 30 day visa waiver for another 30 days then I will begin the Non immigrant OA visa application..

Before someone else picks on it :smile:

You will be applying for a one year extension (based on retirement?).

OA visa is done only at your home country.

Be happy you don't have it, some extra trouble with insurance nowadays.

Did my marriage extension at Khon Kaen this morning.

As pleasant as always. In an out within an hour.

Had to copy a few extra pages of passport and sign a couple of extra pieces of paper as usual

Got the cute lady at desk 2. :whistling:

Office was virtually empty which helped a lot.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 2:18 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Mate also told me that they now have a lady (helper) doing a document pre-check and then handing the queue ticket. That's new to me.

if she is a volunteer like they have down here in korat BEWARE.

I went on Wednesday and got my 30 day visa waiver extension for another 30 days, there is a woman on the left as you go in sitting at a desk and checking your paperwork she was helpful and she was an immigration officer, I got the woman at desk 2 and as people have said she is cute, service with a smile I reckon I was in and out in 20 minutes and on,y two people in front of me.

• Like 1