Change from work to retirement visa and related issues

I have recently transferred from a BoI work visa that included contributions to National insurance, MPF and Thai tax number to an “0” retirement visa. Is there any benefits in retaining/continuing any of these as I do not intend to resume working in Thailand, also any other matters I should now be considering other than just visa maintenance.

Cheers M

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I suggest you make arrangements to pay for the Thai social security medical insurance for a little less than 500 baht. 

I have heard this before, where can I find information on the benifits of retaining this

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The number I can recall mentioned is 478 baht per month. They will debit your bank account for the payments.

if you don't mind me asking how many months do you have to be working (paying in) before you can stop work and carry on with the scheme?

yes do this right away as after 6 months pass you can no longer join the Program and it is 432 Per month. If you paid into SS as well you will get a lump sum benefit back as well if you are 55 or older. Not sure where you are located but Sri Ratcha SS office has been telling some that this is no longer available to Non Thais but that is not the case I went to the Rayong SS office after getting turned away at Sri Ratcha and they sorted it in under 30 Mins no issues

Edited by hereforgood

On 1/31/2022 at 7:03 PM, hereforgood said:

yes do this right away as after 6 months pass you can no longer join the Program and it is 432 Per month. If you paid into SS as well you will get a lump sum benefit back as well if you are 55 or older. Not sure where you are located but Sri Ratcha SS office has been telling some that this is no longer available to Non Thais but that is not the case I went to the Rayong SS office after getting turned away at Sri Ratcha and they sorted it in under 30 Mins no issues

Where can I find clarifaction on the benifits on maintaining SS in order to deceide vif it is worth keeping on, also as I have been working here for 15 years what might I expect to collect on a lump sum return? thanks for any help

13 hours ago, Mick 1 said:

Where can I find clarifaction on the benifits on maintaining SS in order to deceide vif it is worth keeping on, also as I have been working here for 15 years what might I expect to collect on a lump sum return? thanks for any help

Have a friend (Thai speaker) help you contact SS office to get that Info. I was told that the coverage continues the same as if I was still working provided I continued to pay the monthly payments to SS which is 100% In as well as outpatient at my registered goverment hospital .

Not sure how they figure the lump sum payout in my case I received it twice as I retired and claimed it after 8 years of working the first time and got almost 80K. Got a too good to pass up job offer so returned to work for different company for 7 years retired and got about 70K.