Thailand plans to fill Saudi Arabia’s labour need with vocational students

webfact

57 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I was sent a package from Phuket last week by express Currier and it took them one week to deliver it to BKK, why? not enough workers and we have like piles and piles of stuff to deliver the call center cried, and here Thailand sending workers to the Saudis...

Right, so instead the government should force vocational students to be postmen?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, tingtong said:

The more they write about it, the more sounds like human trafficking...

Pimping out vocational kids to Saudi, and importing in slave labor from Myanmar.

Good chance they are already planning on becoming a Myanmar reseller too. 

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, djayz said:

Just how severe is the labour shortage in Saudi Arabia? Sending vocational school students abroad to work?!?! Just who exactly is going to be responsible for them if something should happen to them while abroad? 

Certainly not the Gov...

5 hours ago, djayz said:

Just how severe is the labour shortage in Saudi Arabia?

Saudi Arabia is in the middle of a long term effort to "localize jobs" and reduce its foreign work force. Localize jobs is a polite way of saying they want their own nationals to do the work. They dropped over 250,000 foreign workers last year. Certainly they still employ a lot of foreign workers, yet trends are totally opposite of what this news release implies. 

However It does make a good headline, if you need to cover PM Gen Prayut real reason for visiting Saudi Arabia.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Perhaps those thousands of vocational students protesting the government around Bangkok?

Exactly my first thought.

"Behave" or be sent to Saudi slave labor camp :shock1:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tingtong said:

The more they write about it, the more sounds like human trafficking...

Pimping out vocational kids to Saudi, and importing in slave labor from Myanmar.

Not sure but I suspect most of these jobs in Saudi are labouring work or similar (please correct this if I'm wrong).

Given this:

- Kids go to Vocational school, don't complete their studies because they have had a carrot dangled in their faces for much higher than normal salaries. Their vocational studies never get completed.

- Or,  kids go to Vocational school, complete their studies, then go to Saudi to get higher salaries but never use what they learned at Vocational school.

Sounds like a very stupid illogical strategy to me, ultimately/long-term there's no winners but 2 losers:

1. Vocational students.

2. Thailand. 

• Like 2

Legalized human trafficking?  Make one wonder.  I've heard stories from Filipinos.  However if they are allowed to keep their passport and are given a good wage?  Well - I hope so.  It could be a win-win situation if the compensation is good.  It could also be a very sad story. Then you need to wonder how many Buddhist boys will return as Takfiri Wahhabists.  That will be great for Thailand.  Wonder if they have thought that one through?  ????

2 hours ago, Dcheech said:

Saudi Arabia is in the middle of a long term effort to "localize jobs" and reduce its foreign work force. Localize jobs is a polite way of saying they want their own nationals to do the work. They dropped over 250,000 foreign workers last year. Certainly they still employ a lot of foreign workers, yet trends are totally opposite of what this news release implies. 

However It does make a good headline, if you need to cover PM Gen Prayut real reason for visiting Saudi Arabia.

The Saudis generally want skilled labor, like engineers. At a tech school level - underwater welding.  They can train the locals to become oil rig roustabouts.