Electric Motor Bike.

Jumbo1968

450 watts is nothing. Wouldn't pull the skin of hot milk. That's the wattage those little little stand on scooters the kids use are. There are some interesting looking ones on the black bull thailand site. For me personally i will wait a little longer on this technology. Also in a condo ive no where i could charge it. 

• Like 1

I've got one similar from Lazada last year  (Lulae V8 I think) at 8000thb.

worth the little money it costs, in the beginning could make around 50-60km ,after few month only 20.

it begins to rust, Chinese quality but actually equal to Thai standards

so we bought a scooter, at least we are sure to arrive at our destination

but maybe your is more expensive and better quality, try to find some reviews

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ste78 said:

I've got one similar from Lazada last year  (Lulae V8 I think) at 8000thb.

worth the little money it costs, in the beginning could make around 50-60km ,after few month only 20.

it begins to rust, Chinese quality but actually equal to Thai standards

so we bought a scooter, at least we are sure to arrive at our destination

but maybe your is more expensive and better quality, try to find some reviews

Good info

• Thanks 1

I've researched & purchased.  Quite happy with mine.  DECO / SUSU model (not pictured).  Dealers scattered around Thailand.  Got mine from EV Pranburi, and excellent customer service.

More thoughts on them here:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1248998-pros-and-cons-foragainst-honda-wave-v-honda-click/page/2/#comment-17173335

DECO line up.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I've researched & purchased.  Quite happy with mine.  DECO / SUSU model (not pictured).  Dealers scattered around Thailand.  Got mine from EV Pranburi, and excellent customer service.

DECO line up.jpg

"Excellent customer service", did it have a problem....?

If buyer e-MB just for yourself, no intention of pillion rider or larger (non-toy/pocket dog), then you may want to consider an e-bike.  Although, they can be a wee bit silly priced themselves, same or much more than e-MB.

I actually enjoy riding my e-bike as much, sometimes more than the MB.  Bit more 'versatile', meaning I can get away with more traffic violations.  Nobody pays attention to bicycle running stop signs or red traffic signal, along with driving on wrong side of the road, or 'wide' walkways.  No need to wear a helmet, as I rarely go fast than my pedal speed anyway, which is about 25 kph, at best.  And yes, I know the risk.

I converted my heavy, slow Schwinn Streamliner to electric, with a kit & battery from AliExpress & Lazada.  Made a better & cheaper one than any offered from a vendor.  1000w & 48v/30Ah battery, though the 30Ah is a bit suspect.  

Motor was rated top speed of 55 kph, will do 40.  Battery wise, I'm only good for about 15-20 kms, full electric, and more than enough for my needs.  I didn't connect the PAS option, as knew I wouldn't use it.   Connect & use that, and basically unlimited range.  Have another pedal bike if I get the urge.

diy.png

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, transam said:

"Excellent customer service", did it have a problem....?

No probs.  Delivered to the house.  Then I ordered another basket, to keep the dog from committing suicide, and he delivered that also.  His shop being 75 kms away.

Assembly (receiving) factory at Nakhon Pathom, and he actually went and picked it up, instead of waiting for their delivery schedule.  Which would have been weeks later. 

He didn't have the model I wanted, as I did my 'shopping' at his shop, so test road at factory when in the area, and made sure he got the sale, which they actually encouraged anyway.  Giving me a much later date for delivery, as they didn't have any extra in stock.  He picked it up as soon as it was available, instead of waiting for their next delivery to the area.  2 shops 'nearby', Hua Hin & Pranburi, which I'm about an hour south of.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...

DECO customer service - my SUSU model had an oops

Turn signal malfunction, so contacted dealer (EV Pranburi ????????), simply to ask where they are hiding the fuses at, since probably not a bulb, as all not working.

No fuses ... huh, that explains that.  Since about 75 kms away, and silly for him to come down to peek at it, asked OK if I have a peek without worry of voiding warranty.  Please do ????

He suspected a bad connection of relay to wiring harness ... nah

Was actually a loose wire in or at connection point of relay switch.

Asked, since sealed relay, if OK to pop (break) it open & fix.

"what are you nuts, we'll just send you a new one"

2 days later, arrived from Nakhon Pathom, swapped out

and back on the road again, with working signals.  Don't realize how much you use them, till not available.

Of course if lived a wee bit closer to dealer, would have simply dropped it off, and picked up when ready.

Fast & prompt service, considering our circumstances.  So if motivated to, buy from very local dealer.  Which there are more than a few:

image.png.2665b457724b4586a27e95c3032a6888.png

https://decogreenenergy.com/index.php/th/contact-th/dealer

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 11:47 AM, BE88 said:

All the ones I've seen with these electric I have not seen them again after a few months, there must be a reason.

Too many accidents as they don't make any sound. Other drivers need to hear you as well as see you. I know of 2 riders in my area that are in the hospital for this very reason.

33 minutes ago, Road Hog said:

Too many accidents as they don't make any sound. Other drivers need to hear you as well as see you. I know of 2 riders in my area that are in the hospital for this very reason.

If not their fault, they're actually in the hospital because some idiot didn't look before making a maneuver.   

People that drive using their mirrors only and don't turn head to look, assuming nobody in their blind spots.  Or when turn head to look, using 1 eye, thus can not judge distance or speed of approaching vehicles.

Do people hear every car, and yet, same type of accident involving the same idiots.

When driving if you use your ears instead of 2 eyes ... nuff said

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Road Hog said:

Just got back after putting a few kms on the cars, just around town, and TBH, windows up, AC on, I don't bother with the radio, and I didn't hear much of any vehicles on the road.   Except the overly loud exhausts.  Most scooter are very quiet from inside the car.  That's MG ZS, which is kind of quite itself, unless accelerating.  Other entry level cars, our previous Vios & Mazda2 were not so quiet.

Certainly not enough noise for me to notice them coming up in my blind spots where I may have on oops with them while turn & cutting them off/knocking them over.  An e-scooter make no difference 95% of the time.

I drive with my eyes, not my ears ... choose wisely ????

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 12:00 PM, vandeventer said:

I assumed it is for battery issues but I think you are right.