Dental implants.

up2you2

Having experienced two extractions regarding cracked teeth, I am now seriously consider having some implants.

There seem to be large variations in the price, and I was wondering if this really has anything to do with the actual products being used.
I would be most interested to hear of any members experiences here in Thailand please.

• Like 1

+1 on this. I cracked an incisor last year when i banged my face on a steel beam. It fell out a few months later and i got the root extracted. Since then ive been looking at getting an implant but its a minefield. Prices range from 30k to over a 100k. Ive heard stories from they are great to - never again. While i believe its true that you get what you pay for - i also believe some of these places inflate prices massively. 

Yes, it does have to do with the actual products.  I went with the more expensive implants.  My first one was some 22 years ago in the US.  5K USD.  I had one here for about 50k Baht around 5 years ago.  No problems at all!!!

Good luck!

Where are you located?

8 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Yes, it does have to do with the actual products.  I went with the more expensive implants.  My first one was some 22 years ago in the US.  5K USD.  I had one here for about 50k Baht around 5 years ago.  No problems at all!!!

Good luck!

Where are you located?

Phuket.

Whilst general dentistry is relatively cheap in Thailand, implants are no cheaper than the UK. I researched the subject a lot 10 years ago, ended up having 4 done in Budapest, Hungary (A beautiful city). Very pleased with them.

If you are thinking of having implants done, I suggest researching and learning about the different titanium screw manufacturers and different crown materials. Lots of info on the 'net.

Having the job done is nothing to worry about all. You will need minimum of 2 visits some months apart.

For reference I paid £850 US$1150 Thb38,000 complete in Budapest about 5 years ago.

Edited by Lancashirelad
typo
  • Like 1