Jomtien To Ban Chang By Backroads

shortstop2

19 hours ago, steve187 said:

get onto the railway road, go to the end turn left, follow through to big budda/ chinese temple -  https://bit.ly/3omgZP2

Thanks Steve!

I was fooling around with Google Maps and found a route east of 7 and 331 while your route is mostly west of those roads.   I don't know the degree of difficulty of these roads and a guy I ride with is a new motorbike driver.   Is your route or the one I came up with better for a beginner?   Or perhaps my route may have other flaws as I don't know these roads.

https://goo.gl/maps/Jky1KbbQWUFcGVzr5

If Steve's is the road that goes by the really big Buddha inlaid in gold into the side of a mountain then it is (was) as motorcycle friendly and scenic as you're looking for. 

Found this site: https://books.google.co.th/books?id=hKJtBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA112&lpg=PA112&dq=jomtien+to+ban+chang+"scenic"+roads&source=bl&ots=9WE4G2dGbg&sig=ACfU3U2vE4w-XCCfVHmnipuNz8z1UPswzQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiOr97fwun1AhUSzDgGHbpGB5oQ6AF6BAgNEAM#v=onepage&q=jomtien to ban chang "scenic" roads&f=false

The 1st little map shows ways to avoid 90% of high traffic roads, The adventure is up to you. :wai: 

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2022 at 1:11 AM, shortstop2 said:

Jomtien to Ban Chang by backroads for a pleasant scooter ride

Follow railway rd to the end, turn left
After K9 sign (left turn) turn right, at end turn right (small Chinese village before soi Phoenix)
100 or so meters turn left, traveling to the end turn right 
Travel around the lake (Chinese temple), follow your nose, at the end turn left (Silverlake/upside down house etc) 
Follow this road to the end (nice ride through the rainforest), turn left (331)
Do a U turn then turn left in a few hundred meters. 
Follow to the end turn right 
Continue until you see a big building on your left then turn right (Ban Chang main street) 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Follow railway rd to the end, turn left
After K9 sign (left turn) turn right, at end turn right (small Chinese village before soi Phoenix)
100 or so meters turn left, traveling to the end turn right 
Travel around the lake (Chinese temple), follow your nose, at the end turn left (Silverlake/upside down house etc) 
Continue until you see a big building on your left then turn right (Ban Chang main street) 

This is a fantastic ride. Nice scenery and not too much traffic. 

The directions I've given are straight forward, keeping to the bigger roads, no small soi's 

I've attached a screen shot of the turnoff to Ban Chang main street, as you veer right, looking at the hotel (big building) on your left. 

IMG_20220206_180534.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What's there to do in Ban Chang?

It used to be a street full of bars, similar to soi 6, it's grown over the years. 

There was a nice restaurant (Camel) but it's gone now, still lots of restaurants. 

Little air-conditioned bars hidden from street view, anything goes behind the doors.

20 years ago the girls would get naked and stand up on the bars, play pool, all the naughty stuff. 

Sadly the same girls never left, still working now in their  40's and 50's. Ha, ha, they do have some younger one's.

Still, a lot of fun with some mates.

Back in the day we'd pack the golf clubs and tell the wife's we were going play golf but we'd spend the day Ban Chang.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

13 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Thanks Safety First!

Just want to make sure that I have it correct because according to Google Maps no right turn is permitted onto Route 3376 so it seems we would need to a little loop which is no big deal.  Or perhaps Google Maps is wrong which wouldn't be the first time.

https://goo.gl/maps/qqcqUw4qvPjYXNhC7

Looking forward to a nice ride!

14 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

Thanks Safety First!

Just want to make sure that I have it correct because according to Google Maps no right turn is permitted onto Route 3376 so it seems we would need to a little loop which is no big deal.  Or perhaps Google Maps is wrong which wouldn't be the first time.

https://goo.gl/maps/qqcqUw4qvPjYXNhC7

Looking forward to a nice ride!

My last ride was 2019, there was some roadworks for the new highway (overpasses etc) but nothing stopping you from right turn at the intersection 3376.

I'd say it's a Google error.

That's a small/quiet intersection, if they've put up a barrier turn left and do an immediate U turn, you're on the bike, easy done

Ride safe ????

Screenshot_2022-02-06-19-59-40-27_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 7:14 AM, steve187 said:

get onto the railway road, go to the end turn left, follow through to big budda/ chinese temple

On 2/6/2022 at 4:41 AM, mrwebb8825 said:

it is (was) as motorcycle friendly and scenic as you're looking for. 

On 2/6/2022 at 6:11 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

This is a fantastic ride. Nice scenery and not too much traffic. 

Had a great ride today!   Went to Golden Buddha Mountain and back returning a somewhat different way.  Will wait until Ban Chang bars reopen for an overnight stay.

Thanks for your input guys!   ????

• Like 2

On 2/8/2022 at 7:31 PM, shortstop2 said:

Had a great ride today!   Went to Golden Buddha Mountain and back returning a somewhat different way.  Will wait until Ban Chang bars reopen for an overnight stay.

Thanks for your input guys!   ????

Think you'll be waiting a long time for the bars to open on the strip..

Even pre-covid the strip was usually dead by 9-9.30.

• Like 1