Thailand earns multiple ‘best destination’ awards from China’s tourism industry

webfact

This article is rather amusing.  The other day we here Thai businesses lamenting the lack of Chinese tourists and now we read Thailand is the best destination for Chinese people. Nothing like a nudge and wink wink to get things going the right direction. 

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

Best destination for encouraging your kids urinate and take a dump wherever they please"

Yes indeed, and not only kids! Photo shows Chinese lady urinating inside a Bangkok Sky Train carriage - you can see the urine flowing across the floor!

Tourist Urinates on Airport Link SkyTrain.

https://thairesidents.com/local/tourist-urinates-airport-link-skytrain/

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

articles on Thailand and its myriad of attractions.

When I was with the Tourist Police in Chiang Rai, the most popular attraction was the White Temple and when the Chinese tourists started to arrive in droves problems began. In 2015 the artist/architect of the Wat Rong Khun Temple briefly banned all Chinese tourists due to their disgusting toilet habits.

Quotes from a reference, please read in full, amazing!

.... creator of the renowned White Temple, has urged Thais not to hate the Chinese but instead help them “learn manners.”

"I didn’t like the way they did bad things to my temple, damaged it, <deleted> on it and all.

If they <deleted> on it, I’ll clean it. If they break something, I’ll fix it.”........... After all, he thinks the Chinese are fixing our economy in return............... the Chinese are our guests who visit us when our economy is such a disaster. They bring money". 

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/remorseful-white-temple-artist-urges-thais-not-hate-chinese-tourists/

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, RandiRona said:

So they got this award without anyone from china visiting them? China has barred its citizens from leaving China to block covid from coming back. So much for 1.4 billions vaccinated with Sino____.

It's like my wife gets award for best chef though all she did for past two years is fat finger food from food delivery apps.

fat finger?

11 hours ago, webfact said:

In China, TAT offices in Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Kunming, and Shanghai have been actively promoting Thailand through continuous cooperation with the tourism private sector in China.

Not to forget, awards for TAT China (offices) for "Fattest Brown Envelopes to Travel Agencies", "Best Promotional Presents to Travel Magazines", and "Biggest Shrimp Buffets"...

Will the Chinese come, only because Thailand is promoted and 'recommended' as a travel destination?

Edited by StayinThailand2much

I used to like Thailand, especially Chiang Mai, but now it is just a cess pit of corruption. Throughout the 70s, 80, 90s and 00s I was a regular visitor with wife, children and, eventually, grandchildren. Now, when visiting SE Asia I avoid Thailand and Cambodia like the plague. Reason, corruption - most of which started after the west tried to help Thailand after the tsunami and they just saw us as easy, soft hearted marks. Secondly is the massive influx of Chinese and and Indian businesses and tourists with their filthy habits turning the place into a cesspit.

I know that urinating, spitting and defacating in the street is normal and acceptable to these people in their countries as I have seen it all to often, but do they really have to import their filthy habits to other countries

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

fat finger?

The amount of food that gets ordered can feed thr whole damn nation of Somalia so I believe most of that is due to fat finger operation.

And her finger is fat as well, when she die, I need to saw out the damn ring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1