Renew driving licence Udon Thani

harry94

I want to renew my driving licence , i passed a test on line , but now unable to get any information on how to make an appointment .

I use to renew at the office below AEK hospital but that now seems to be shut .I revisited a goverment building where i had taxed my motor bike .and just received blank looks after showing proof of passing the test on my phone . Any one renewed their licence in Udon if so could you point me in the right direction . I do realise i need a medical certificate and proof of address from immmigration not much point in doing that until i have an appointment .

56 minutes ago, harry94 said:

office below AEK hospital

That is far from what I find as the location of the Udon Thani DLT office and never noticed such office being there.

I see the Udon DLT here:

https://goo.gl/maps/UodjD89KtM5wRyJa8

That is on highway 2 southbound.

uthdlt.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

when i asked about renewing my licence i got blank looks

That's a surprise. Where else?

Would be the first major DLT that does not do driving license renewal.

It's one of their core businesses.

Lost in translation or I will learn something.

Maybe a Udon local knows more.

• Like 1

Hello i have just Googled and some one complained they cannot enter their passport login .The answer was foreigners cannot login they have to go to office in person .so down loading the App in English was a waste of time . I will return to the office monday and try again , i will post the result here the out come .

40 minutes ago, harry94 said:

The office you are showing on Google maps is where i taxed and insured my motor bike . when i asked about renewing my licence i got blank looks . i will return monday and try again ,

That is proper office.  On second floor.

I did mine 2018 so can't help on the current process to get appointment.

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

i passed a test on line

Do you mean the colour blindness, distance perception, reaction time, plus all the highway code questions, and being able to reverse park properly?

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

That is far from what I find as the location of the Udon Thani DLT office and never noticed such office being there.

I see the Udon DLT here:

https://goo.gl/maps/UodjD89KtM5wRyJa8

That is on highway 2 southbound.

uthdlt.jpg

Yes he's right. There is an office for license renewal in the basement of the AEK hospital. I got my 1st 5 year licenses there.

• Like 1

86tiger  second floor is good news because my last visit was on the ground floor and i got the blank looks . i will try the second floor tomorrow , i am sure in the end it will all work out ok . Once i do get an appointment i will return with documents needed . I am also going to wander into the office at AEK as i have just been told it was open last week , so maybe i will get lucky .

18 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Do you mean the colour blindness, distance perception, reaction time, plus all the highway code questions, and being able to reverse park properly?

Now that would be wishful thinking. You could make a little online game.

I renewed mine in Khon Kaen last month, I only had to do the colourblindness and reaction test - takes about 60 seconds.

He means the video is now online - I hope it stays this way, instead of being bored out of your nut with others you can do other stuff at home, the only thing, they coded it so it if you take focus from the web browser the video stops. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJ54 said:

I live in Kumphawapi and had to go to Udon Thani DLT on the 2 near the driver training school opposite side of the road. 

I found the best way was to use a driving school especially near the DLT as they know all the comings and goings and opening times. Well worth the 3000bht fee

Up date . I returned to the transport building in Udon .I was greeted by the same lady she rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders but i wont go there another story .

I got lucky a lady in a white jacket covered in medals ask me if i had a problem , i explained i cannot access the App .to register . She called over a gentle man he inspected my licence and a quick look at my pass on line certificate , he then placed his id card into a machine pressed a few buttons and told me the earliest date i could go was first of April (yes april fools day ) between 2 40 pm and 3,30 pm , i glady accepted and was also told the Transport building on the Khon Kean road . I dont know what would have happened if the kind lady had not helped me . Any way i have learnt in Thailand never get angry never raise your voice and just smile and things will work out ok .

• Like 2

http://smartdriveudon.com/?lang=en

I've used smart drive for my last two DL renewals, in Udon Thani

4,000 baht and they take care of the doctors's cert and do all the eye exams, reflex test, and they let me scan my fingerprint for the video you have to watch only they said scan your finger print and come back in an hour to scan it again. Bonus. Didn't have to sit through the thai language video

After they get all the paperwork in order an employee took me to the DL office 2nd floor of the mall for a picture and here's your license. Express service all the way.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update on my on my licence . Today i went to the Transport building on the Khon Kean road . After completing the paper work ,i was sent to the second floor . where every thing was checked again (paper work passport) i was given the braking and colour blindness test all good . I was then told to wait, after forty minutesi was called to the desk and told i cannot have a new licence because i have not watched the safety film . I showed her the screen shot and photo copy of the test .she said no good out of date more than six months . I explained the appointment was made in Udon and the earliest appointment was today (April fools day) no good more than six months Mr John . i explained when the appointment was made you can see on the copy it was less than six months . sorry you have to come back monday to watch safety film . So back i go monday , i will let you know the result hopefully good news .Their way of thinking when you watch the film on line you have six months until it runs out , they do not take into account if you have to wait for an appointment and its pass the time limit .