WP and Visa extension (non b) cancellation in another province

Is it possible to cancel a WP and a visa extension (non b) in a Province that both were not issued? I got my non b extension and wp in Pathumthani and wish to cancel them in Korat. This would help me with getting a non o retirement visa on the same day.  Thanks! 

You have to cancel the extension of stay at the office that issued it.  If you go to immigration before the termination date on a letter from your they will post date the cancelation date to that day.

A work permit has to be canceled in province where it was issued.

You cannot apply for a non-o visa at immigration. You will only be changing the reason for your extension of stay based upon working to one based up retirement.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you do need to cancel the extension at the office that issued it.

There might be a few immigration offices that would do it but that would be a rarity.

So, I go to Pathumthani immigration with a letter from my employer stating that the last day will be March 22nd. I go to Korat Immigration March 6th and apply for a retirement visa. Do I have to go back to the Pathumthani Immigration office? Can my employer turn in my work permit for me?

42 minutes ago, Nawanakorn1 said:

So, I go to Pathumthani immigration with a letter from my employer stating that the last day will be March 22nd. I go to Korat Immigration March 6th and apply for a retirement visa. Do I have to go back to the Pathumthani Immigration office? Can my employer turn in my work permit for me?

I am not sure they would post date the cancelation that early. I would say about 5 day is about normal.

You only  need one day to do your extension unless you are missing a required document.

You employer can cancel your work permit with consent from you to do it.

Do you have 800k baht in the bank that will be in your account for 2 months on the day you apply or proof of 65k baht income.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not sure they would post date the cancelation that early. I would say about 5 day is about normal.

You only  need one day to do your extension unless you are missing a required document.

You employer can cancel your work permit with consent from you to do it.

Do you have 800k baht in the bank that will be in your account for 2 months on the day you apply or proof of 65k baht income.

I have the 800,000 baht in a bank and it has been there for over a year. I draw SS from America and it has been over 65,000 baht for at least 11 months. I do not want to go that route because it may go below 65,000 baht if the baht starts to gain on the US dollar.

In my experience it was not possible. I cancelled WP at Chonburi and broke a lot of speed limits to get to Rayong Imm on the same day to change from 'B' extension to 'O' Retirement. 'No can do' said the man, 'you have to get the extension cancelled at Jomtien, where it was issued'. I went to Jomtien the next day, they said I'd have to pay 1 day overstay when I went to Rayong. At Rayong they managed to calculate the overstay as 2 days, fine and circumstances all entered manually into an exercise book which I was obliged to sign. But they made no fuss about giving me an extension.

45 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

In my experience it was not possible. I cancelled WP at Chonburi and broke a lot of speed limits to get to Rayong Imm on the same day to change from 'B' extension to 'O' Retirement. 'No can do' said the man, 'you have to get the extension cancelled at Jomtien, where it was issued'. I went to Jomtien the next day, they said I'd have to pay 1 day overstay when I went to Rayong. At Rayong they managed to calculate the overstay as 2 days, fine and circumstances all entered manually into an exercise book which I was obliged to sign. But they made no fuss about giving me an extension.

I am reading that it can be done even if you are on overstay. Ok. I am also hearing that you can post cancel your working visa. I think I will post cancel my working visa (non b extension via my employer) without worrying about the work permit.

1 minute ago, Nawanakorn1 said:

I am reading that it can be done even if you are on overstay. Ok. I am also hearing that you can post cancel your working visa. I think I will post cancel my working visa (non b extension via my employer) without worrying about the work permit.

2 minutes ago, Nawanakorn1 said:

I'm not sure what you mean about "post cancel" the non-B. I can't remember exactly but I think Immigration require a bit of paper from the Employment Office enabling them to cancel the B extension. And the fact is that cancellation of the work permit cancels your permission to stay, so you are immediately an overstayer, but if you apply promptly for an O extension you will get it at the cost of 1k or 2k baht in fines for the overstay.

2 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I'm not sure what you mean about "post cancel" the non-B. I can't remember exactly but I think Immigration require a bit of paper from the Employment Office enabling them to cancel the B extension. And the fact is that cancellation of the work permit cancels your permission to stay, so you are immediately an overstayer, but if you apply promptly for an O extension you will get it at the cost of 1k or 2k baht in fines for the overstay.

Post date as per Urban Joe stated above. Nothing to do with work permit. Visa extension March 22nd ends. They post date the stamp with a big fat cancel I guess.