Noodle family living in fear of snakes - one is in custody but there are plenty more!

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Snakecatchers were called by the owner of a noodle restaurant after a one meter cobra was found trapped in a fishing net by the side of the store.

They soon had that "ngu hao" in custody but its only the tip of the iceberg for Chayaphatch, 58, and her family at the Ton Sai restaurant.

She explained to Sanook reporters that a while back her daughter had a close encounter of the serpent kind that needed the snakecatchers to visit.

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

One cobra had brushed past her leg causing a bit of a panic.

They found evidence of a shed skin and a hole but no snakes despite locating some tracks. 

The family are convinced that the one caught in the net is just a baby and that the parents and siblings of the cobra are still in the area.

It's a house and restaurant next to a 100 year old Banyan Tree in Mot Daeng sub-district of the central Thai province. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-08

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

27 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Lots of close encounters with our slithering friends, but we do not hear of many cases where people have been bitten by poisonous ones.

I have seen lots of snakes over the years here, but I have only been threatened once. It was trapped and wanted out.

A quick Gsearch:  "One source, Suchai Suteparuk, M.D., Division of Toxicology, at Thailand’s most prestigious school Chulalongkorn University, cites in his paper “Bites & Stings in Thailand” there are about 7,000 bites by snakes in Thailand and about 30 deaths per year due to venomous snakebite"

https://thailandsnakes.com/how-many-deaths-thailand-per-year-venomous-snakebite/

41 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Reminds me of some years back in Kununurra WA while having my weekly Friday night barramundi and chips at an outside restaurant when a 1.5 metre brown snake slithered by. Needless to say I almost shat myself lol ????

I understand, and other bodily reactions

52 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Reminds me of some years back in Kununurra WA while having my weekly Friday night barramundi and chips at an outside restaurant when a 1.5 metre brown snake slithered by. Needless to say I almost shat myself lol ????

What country has the most deadliest snakes?

Australia

Even more impressive, Australia is home to 20 of the 25 most venomous snakes in the world, including all of the top 11. The world's most venomous snake, the inland taipan is found nowhere else on Earth. It is also called the fierce snake, and carries enough venom in a single bite to kill around 250,000 mice.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1