curtain supplier in Korat

meatboy

looking for a very good seamster who is able to make large loung curtains? eg.some as big as 300cms &220 drop.we have all the fittings ect.

7pair in all. korat save one ban mai area.

Edited by ubonjoe
Added location to title

Sorry meatboy can offer no help. Curtains are funny things here. We have them on every window but when we moved up here and had them made it took a lot of searching to find some one who could make them , why curtains are so unusual I don't know.   Good luck anyway .

the shop who supplied the fabric and fiited them 2009 [very good] but sadly he had a bad accident that left him parallesised.there is one who advertizes on face book korat who the wife phoned but whoever was in the shop[female put the phone down,must have been eating.so if your reading this boontangkorat and still in business [REPLY]

I can recommend you KACEE. They have technical sales all over the country. Coming to your house with a catalogue and fabric samples. One week later they will come and install it. For seven windows they needed less than 15 minutes and very professional guys

I'm not sure about Korat but, most of the ladies you see around with sewing machines set up sometimes near markets, etc can make up the curtains if you have the fabric and fittings, my missus does it, and will visit the home to check measurements if necessary. 

I know in Trat market there is a hoard of them, sewing away all-day.

We are on KC. There is a 'company' here who advertise curtains, they bring them to her and then reap a bigger profit than her ????

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I'm not sure about Korat but, most of the ladies you see around with sewing machines set up sometimes near markets, etc can make up the curtains if you have the fabric and fittings, my missus does it, and will visit the home to check measurements if necessary. 

I know in Trat market there is a hoard of them, sewing away all-day.

We are on KC. There is a 'company' here who advertise curtains, they bring them to her and then reap a bigger profit than her ????

with most of the curtains measuring over 300cms.each one they will need a BIG table.

thanks for your reply.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 10:50 AM, meatboy said:

the shop who supplied the fabric and fiited them 2009 [very good] but sadly he had a bad accident that left him parallesised.there is one who advertizes on face book korat who the wife phoned but whoever was in the shop[female put the phone down,must have been eating.so if your reading this boontangkorat and still in business [REPLY]

how lucky is this?the wife had to go to terminal 21 this morning and was taking to our old tuk tuk driver,she mentioned about looking for a curtain supplier,he said look across the road behind some big advertising boards,there;s a shop that been there over 20yrs. yes it was the wife of the owner who is running the shop and who made ours 2009.all well that ends well.

44 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

How do curtain fabrics stand up in this climate?

I am trying to convince the wife to fit blinds or shutters, but she is demanding curtains............

our blinds didnt last 3yrs.fittings inside were plastic and they snapped easily.

the curtains have lasted more than 10yrs.personly i wouldnt recommend silk..

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, meatboy said:

our blinds didnt last 3yrs.fittings inside were plastic and they snapped easily.

the curtains have lasted more than 10yrs.personly i wouldnt recommend silk..

Not silk! What did you go for? Just cotton?

Edited by Will B Good

19 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Not silk! What did you go for? Just cotton?

they seem like a poly/cotton.we did replace the blinds in the kichen with HOME LIVING STYLE from home pro,their website page say;s polyester blackout.but their price is per curtain.where do you live as bkk.has many shops.MR.CURTAIN comes to mind.

• Thanks 1