Good Salon

angie

I've had good luck at Panipa 02 233-9255

Sathorn area, near citybank. Not real cheap but they do know Farang hair. It's been a while since I'm living in the south.

Ps. Do you have a copy of the Bangkok Guide presented by the Austrailain/New Zealand Woman's Group? It's a GREAT resource. You can pick it up at most farang book stores. Chok Dee Ka! :o

Hi Angi! :D I've recently had 2 hair disasters back to back so I can't recommend anything  :D  I bet Nat can recommend something. Are you in Bangkok, Angi?

Hi all:

I'm new to these postings, but this was going to be my exact same post at this forum, but you beat me to it. Never mind a women's group that laments men -- we need a women's support group for bad haircuts here! I cannot even explain in words the devestation the last hairdresser unleashed on my head. :o

mai chai bpen rai

Cheers for the replys girls, yes i live in Bangkok.

Went to Panipa just off soi 19, that was one of my bad haircuts and colours :o

I also took my 10 year old son there, looked like he had a basin put on his head after the cut.

Oh, well, still looking.

Go to England in 2 weeks for hols, guess i'll have to wait to visit my old salon :D

Thanks again.

Angie

I’ve got my disaster stories – for some reason every hairdresser feels the need to make me look like Britney and flamboyantly shout “You beautiful! You sexy!.....You Britney!” :D. The last one gave me a hairstyle which has been described as “foxy” – I thought it resembled Morgan Fairchild’s do :D. The most decent place I’ve been to is Hair Decor in the Discovery Center, 1st floor near the toilets and lift. My stylist is a flamboyant gay guy, but aware that my hair is fine and makes sure not to damage it.

In regards to nails can't offer much, I’m all natural :o:D. I go to my local Central for a French manicure but actually enjoy doing my nails while sitting in front of the idiot box :D.

I had a lovely haircut experience in Chiang Mai at the salon inside the Rydges hotel. I first told them I was a crazy farang and wanted a crazy haircut. It worked well.

I use Lorraine Massey's "Curly Girl" hair care methods. It includes not using shampoo on your hair, only conditioner. Try the message boards at Naturally curly for more info. I have to modify a bit in Thailand, though. The Thai conditioner I use contains no surfactants, so I have to add a half-teaspoon of shampoo. I still need to know a good deep conditioner available in Thailand.

For my haircut, I wanted each curl cut separately. The wonderful stylist at the salon in Rydges did this beautifully, and even layered each curl a bit to reduce the weight of each curl and make it curl better. She understood I wanted my hair to curl, and knew that would help. I despair of getting an equally good cut here in the US.

I'm not a woman, but if it helps ..the hair salon at the Grand President in Sukhumvit Soi 11 is quite good. Only one or two girls cutting the hair and its not very cheap, but you may want to give it a try. The apartments here are 99% foreigners, so they sure know the haircuts.

Toni & Guy at the Siam Discovery Center. I have had two excellent hair cuts there, and my hair colored as well. It is not cheap but then considering what Toni & Guy charges in the West, well worth it. 500 baht for a stylist, 700 baht for the next level up stylist , 1200 baht and then 2000 baht for the master stylist. Both times I have gone with the 700 baht stylist and have been extremely pleased with the results. Hair coloring costs from 1000-3000. They also do highlights. Don't know about the nails tho.

Rainman what's happened with your avatar? SPOOKY

Thanks SBk i will try there, not bothered about the cost just need a decent haircut and colour.

Still cheaper than the UK :o

angie

• 5 years later...

The Best Place i can recommend:

And not just me you can google the best hair salons in Bangkok and many forums mention this

THE CORNER HAIR SALON Bangkok

A small cosey Salon 5 mins from Sala Daeng BTS

Run By Paweerada - Or Nang as she likes to be called

She provides really down to earth prices and top quality hair products imported from USA - but best of all she is really reasonable.

There is never any double pricing foreigners with her too - she is fair and really gives 100% to her work.

She has over 20 years Hair Styling experience and speaks good English, Why i highly recommend her after many disasters with even expensive salons is:

Nang knows westerners hair very well, and she knows what styles and expectations we have...

I have been there many many times over the past 12 months, and now she is getting really really popular.

Many westerners have adopted her as their personal stylist - so booking is essential...

YOU can only get an appointment with her after 3pm - ill give you the website so you can get the details there..

She really is a great professional hair stylist - and has absolutely stunning hair herself...

Products are great and she always has the latest treatments before anyone else...

here is the Website: Hair Salon Bangkok

She even publishes her prices - not many salons do that here...

I don't think you will be disappointed... :)