Corner Kitchen Sinks

desi

I'm in the last stages of getting a condo renovated but cannot seem to locate a decent kitchen sink. Yes, I know it sounds strange. Problem is, it's a small kitchen so I'd prefer a corner sink.

COTTO is a Thai brand (yes?) but I can't find anything online.

Any suggestions?

I've never seen a sink made specially for a corner....I've seen toilets made for corners and even installed one once. The kitchen sink is usually a focus of activity and so it is best to have good access...a corner installation limits the access so is not usually a good idea and I think that is why you don't see kitchen sinks designed for corner installation. Maybe just find a square sink and put it in the corner and if you are right handed probably put the knobs on the right. I've seen small square sinks at stores that carry upper end fixtures and appliances so they are available but expensive.

Chownah

I've never seen a sink made specially for a corner....I've seen toilets made for corners and even installed one once.

Corner sinks are pretty common (edit: as in not rare), there just isn't a great selection in Thailand.

You can see a range here -->> http://www.sinks-taps.com/category-72-Corner_Sinks.aspx

Those prices are outrageous because they are in the UK. Buying from the US is amazingly cheap for the same products. But, I'm trying to locate something similar in Bangkok (brushed steel) if I can.

The kitchen sink is usually a focus of activity and so it is best to have good access...a corner installation limits the access so is not usually a good idea and I think that is why you don't see kitchen sinks designed for corner installation. Maybe just find a square sink and put it in the corner and if you are right handed probably put the knobs on the right. I've seen small square sinks at stores that carry upper end fixtures and appliances so they are available but expensive.

Chownah

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm going to have a dishwasher. So except for washing veges, my sink isn't going to be the focus of much activity at all. Not if I can help it anyway :-)

I plan on having a condo that is easy to clean, easy to take care of. So far it's working out nicely. Display cabinets glassed in to limit dust, a dishwasher, easy cleaning stove, etc. I might even get one of those auto vacuum cleaners to work while I sleep.

And no, I do not want a live-in maid, or any maid to come in more than once a week. I like peace and quiet in my life. Been there, done that ... designing my life to suit.

Edited by desi

Have you tried Boonthavorn? The biggest one is on Rachada I think.

Thank you, yes. I've been to all the large supply type stores, many times just to get a feel for what's on offer. Since I can't find anything googling or in the Bangkok Guide, I was wondering if anyone knew of a small specialty store in Bangkok that supplied kitchen sinks.

Desi,

Thanks for the link!!! What a sheltered life I've led!!!! They do look like they would make a visually interesting installation and I can see where in some circumstances they would be ideal now that I've seen some examples. Good luck in finding one and thanks again for the link.

Chownah