Thai police say that the two foreign men who shot a Canadian gangland figure are likely still in Thailand

webfact

1am.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Police in Phuket have been busy gathering evidence after a 32 year old Canadian of Indian descent was gunned down outside his luxury villa on Friday evening, reported Thai Rath.

He was named by the media as Mandeep Singh; earlier reports (using a different name) suggested he was a gangland figure in Canada with connections across the middle east and Asia.

Police have been split into several task forces with a a central investigative "war room" at the villa to coordinate operations.

There is plenty of evidence to go on and all indications are that the duo who committed the hit are professionals who prepared well.

They have been described as "very cool" in their commission of the crime.

CCTV caught them calmly walking by a hotel two kilometers from the scene of the crime in Rawai, Phuket. 

They were both wearing no shoes after the crime and did not use a getaway vehicle. 

A cap and a hoodie were found in a rubber plantation used by the pair to make good their escape. At this point CCTV had stopped.

The clothing items are being checked for DNA with the results being compared to wanted criminals on Interpol databases.

Both men were white with heights of 170-180 cms and 166-170 cms. 

They were wearing black masks.

Two kinds of bullets were found at the scene and one set of fingerprints on the victim's car.

Five phones and a quantity of dried ganja were found in the villa.

They are believed to have cased the area before the hit and showed a complete understanding of their escape route.

Police are now in four separate teams as they examine different aspects of the crime such as witnesses at the scene, their escape route, the scientific evidence and their subsequent movements.

One thing police are sure about at this stage - they are either still in the immediate area or at least still in Thailand. 

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-09

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

very distinctive clothing, tattoo on leg/ankle, very hard to just disappear with so many cctv cameras, I am actually quite surprised they have not been found, my guess is they had a vehicle parked up somewhere remote that they could walk to through the plantation 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

doing a hit in flip flops.. now that's gangster 

Flips flops don't seem to count as shoes to these hard working investigators/journalists :biggrin:

How can they write "barefoot".

How blind are they?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Come to Pattaya, I'm sure they're here. 

Lots of Dodgy guys around town at the moment. 

Heading to work Monday morning, 3 foreign lads, heavy/well built stature wearing black vests sporting a well known motorcyle club logo.

<deleted> as <deleted> newts walking down my soi heading towards suk road...... it was 6am !!

8 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Wow...No Burma Boyz this time?? I would be very scared and stay at home if I am white and likes to wear no Shoes...

Thai cops are out with their CSI skills...

Don't underestimate Thai cops, they never say everything to journalists and the professionalism

quality of those journalists is not that good either !!!

10 hours ago, webfact said:

They have been described as "very cool" in their commission of the crime

10 hours ago, webfact said:

They were both wearing no shoes

If they were not wearing shoes, only wearing flip flops (thongs) there are definitely Aussies, I reckon Bogan's, possibly grew up in the western suburbs of Sydney. 

You heard it here first ????

Sounds like a couple of mates of mine.