Revenue Office Wants Of A Copy Of My SCB Easy Passbook

To get a refund of withheld interest from the Jomtien Revenue Office they want a copy of the entries in my SCB Easy Passbook.  But the SCB Easy account is an online account that doesn't have a passbook.  So SCB easy is not so Easy for me. It's more like SCB Catch 22.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

For future years, I think SCB has stopped their withholding.  I'll know in June.  But would like to get my 2021 refund. 

You can easily get a statement e-mailed to you by requesting it using the SCB phone app.  When I opened my SCB EZ account they gave me a printed bank book page that showed account details.  Perhaps with both of those the Revenue Dept will be satisfied.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 4:00 PM, scubascuba3 said:

SCB hasn't issued you the interest\tax doc?

They did. But the Revenue Office is also requesting a copy of the bankbook.

On 2/9/2022 at 4:16 PM, Whale said:

Can't you still request a statement in the online app? 

I printed out my December statement (new account so no June tax withholding) and will see if that satisfies them.

On 2/9/2022 at 4:18 PM, gamb00ler said:

Perhaps with both of those the Revenue Dept will be satisfied.

Another possibility, thanks. 

On 2/15/2022 at 12:56 AM, shortstop2 said:

I printed out my December statement (new account so no June tax withholding) and will see if that satisfies them.

The Revenue Office seemed happy enough with the December Statement which matches the amount on the SCB tax withholding form.  But it's not over until I actually get my refund.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shortstop2 said:

The Revenue Office seemed happy enough with the December Statement which matches the amount on the SCB tax withholding form.  But it's not over until I actually get my refund.

How much of a refund do you expect to get? Is it worth the effort?

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

How much of a refund do you expect to get? Is it worth the effort?

For many people it would not be worth the effort but I am walking distance to the Revenue office.  The normal procedure if you don't hit snags is to get your annual withholding statement at your bank and go to the Revenue office  and they will help you fill out the tax return.  But they don't speak very good English there and I can't speak business level Thai.

What is really worth the effort for me is getting the banks to stop withholding in the first place.  I will find out in June if SCB really did stop withholding as interest is only credited twice a year.  Krungsri, Kasikorn, and Bangkok Bank have already stopped my withholding.  It is easy enough to get a Thai Tax ID card at the Revenue office to show the banks but sometimes the bank employees don't know the procedure to stop the withholding.  Note the banks still have to withhold if an account pays more than 20K baht in interest.