Thailand to Host Its First International Air Show in 2027

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The event, which will be held in 2027 at U-Tapao International Airport in Rayong province, is expected to help boost Thailand’s aviation industry to 1.2 trillion baht.

2027 isn't to-morrow and nobody can predict when another pandemic will hit

27 minutes ago, ezzra said:

For a country that its air force still fly F-15 and F-5 as the front line defense ( just as well Thailand doesn't have enemies) i would be a bit reserved in hosting an air show and save the embarrassment... 

The Royal Thai Air Force do not operate the F-15.

They do have several squadrons operating the F-16

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

The opening fanfare could be a low flying F-35 squadron with rainbow colored strips following.  

Tri-colors yes, anything "Rainbow coloured" is still on hold apparently, needs cabinet clearance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

The opening fanfare could be a low flying F-35 squadron with rainbow colored strips following.  

Only if those POSs will be delivered by then, and not grounded once here ... ????

A bit of forward planning 2027, although ... next pandemic may have something to say about it ... ????

Negativity aside, would be a nice event to attend, hopefully not rainy or smog season, for us photo bugs.

• Like 1

Thailand current 'combat' fleet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_of_the_Royal_Thai_Air_Force

Lived near RTAF Wing 23, and quite enjoyed the touch & go training, that circled the house there.   Though lived far enough away not to be annoyed, as one friend lived much closer, and they drove him crazy.  Actually had to be careful flying my drones, as some were quite low flying, invading my 'legal' airspace, though rare.  Not that I always stayed at the legal ceiling myself.

Live near RTAF Wing 5 now, and enjoy their training planes, touch & go, almost on a daily basis.

DSC02735.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

_DSN1739.jpg

I sold electrical interconnect products for 32 years now retired Southwest US/Mexico last 15 in the APAC region Commercial Aerospace Mfgrs/MRO Mil Aero market and its an exciting field. Unless it’s a focus on specific territories target customers ... the largest and most attended is Singapore Airshow and tough to beat...

I could easily be pulled out of retirement if looking for an accelerated age knowledgeable getting older.. loves aerospace.. ready to go at a moments notice..