Insurance required for Non-O-A returning

NotJoeMama

Hello,

I have an American friend who has been living in Thailand for about 10 years.  He is currently staying on a Non-O-A visa that is extended each year.  He needs to travel to America soon.  He will obtain a re-entry permit from Immigration prior to leaving Thailand (as he has done in the past).

There is no trouble for him to get to America.  He is concerned about his ability to get back into Thailand.

He is 82 years old and has been looking for the required Covid insurance to enter Thailand.  He has not been able to find any company here nor in America that will offer the insurance due to his advanced age.

I understand that if he were arriving in Thailand on a Tourist visa,  he would require the Covid insurance.  But holders of a yearly extension of a Non-O-A visa do not require insurance.  As he will obtain a re-entry permit prior to leaving Thailand,  will he need Covid insurance to return?

To note,  he has been double vaccinated here and will have his booster before he leaves the country.  He is also happy to stay the required quarantine period at an approved hotel upon arrival.

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.  I have contacted the TAT but have not heard anything back as of yet.

Thank you.