Free offer F-Secure antivirus , 5 devices , 3 years

worgeordie

Found this offer on https://giveaway.tickcoupon.com/  for F-Secure antivirus

5 devices , 3 years , While not up there with Bitfender or Kaspersky , this is

a good offer , 

You need a VPN , for UK, and must uninstall HitmanPro if you have it on PC,

I have just installed on one of my PC's so far, waiting till my Emsisoft license

ends in 7 days , then I will install on rest of my PC 's. 

regards Worgeordie 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, alextrat1966 said:

What are you trying to say?

I just say, that you should not be so scared of Internet. Not everything is full of trojans, keyloggers, rootkits, ransomware, worms, spyware and other malware.

Edited by Gottfrid

On 2/10/2022 at 10:11 PM, alextrat1966 said:

How easy it is for hackers to gain control of PC's.... And you all fall for it ????

I don't think this is a scam in any way.  The actual registration and download is from the F-Secure website.  F-Secure is a well-established company.  ZERO risk IF you manage to get it downloaded IMO,

On 2/10/2022 at 8:06 PM, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, very good. First try. You need UK VPN to get this offer. Connect with UK VPN. After not working any way, because no account and this offer is not valid in your area. Thanks for nothing.

From a bit of Googling - the offer comes from some kind of tie-up with Virgin Media. 

Several tech forums out there discussing this,

I suspect the IP address may be more restrictive than just a UK one,  Probably need one that is connected with Virgin somehow,

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I just say, that you should not be so scared of Internet. Not everything is full of trojans, keyloggers, rootkits, ransomware, worms, spyware and other malware.

I am not scared of the Internet. But I don’t trust some random website offering freebies, cuz freebie always come with a hidden cost….

Put yourself in a hackers shoes, if you wanted to spread your malware, how’d you do it? Probably offering freebies with many different names and domains… 

Dont be naive.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, alextrat1966 said:

I am not scared of the Internet. But I don’t trust some random website offering freebies, cuz freebie always come with a hidden cost….

Put yourself in a hackers shoes, if you wanted to spread your malware, how’d you do it? Probably offering freebies with many different names and domains… 

Dont be naive.

Sure it´s a way of spreading, among thousands. However, I am definitely not naive as I have been working online with websites and development for more than 20 years.

• Like 1