In search of a nice sitting chair…..

SamSanuk

I’m on the hunt for a sitting chair. Nothing too expensive…around 1000 baht, but comfortable.

Not the giant lazy boy type. I have a small apartment.

What I would like to do is go to a store that sells chairs, try them out, decide on one and have them deliver to my hotel.

Any recommendations would be helpful in CM city.

1 hour ago, novacova said:

One can find a plastic chair with arm rests for about 150฿ at a Thai household goods shop that are pretty much everywhere. I have a few and think they are comfortable and my Thai friends like them.

Generally I have no problem with that type of chair…..but I’m looking for something that might have wheels for small movements….thanks!

53 minutes ago, steven100 said:

seen this one on Shopee which looks solid &  very comfortable with reclining backrest ....

image.png.a7bc6ff6d08883960e32f5c1fc84a361.png

That does look comfortable…thanks for the suggestion. I’m still looking for a place to sit in a number of chairs….so at the moment, Idea Furniture is one such upcoming visit.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 11:32 AM, FriendlyFarang said:

You can try it here: Idea Furniture
053 412 588
https://maps.app.goo.gl/EPf9xDCtPT4YVupK6

Not expensive, free delivery, but I think the only person that speaks some English is the manager

Not exactly sure of what

On 2/14/2022 at 7:08 AM, steven100 said:

seen this one on Shopee which looks solid &  very comfortable with reclining backrest ....

image.png.a7bc6ff6d08883960e32f5c1fc84a361.png

Not sure if that is what he meant as a "sitting chair"--to each his won.  That's a nice chair from Shoppee--if the shopper is well over weight, such a chair may not be strong enough for him, especially in "recline" mode--how much was that chair on Shoppee?  I never saw anything decent for only 1000 baht--made of cheap wood, and thin cushions, maybe, but it will not last long.  wheels on it--sounds like he might want a nice office chair that moves around?

Years ago, with thai friends, i looked at most furniture shops around chiang mai--from upstairs Index, outside home pro mae hia has small furniture shops, to the small more "thai furniture shops", and Idea also--never really found what i wanted until i gave in and paid Lazy Boy prices--most others that I considered were all in the 8000 to 15,000 range--but, then i wanted comfortable, well-bulit, rocker recliner that also swiveled--with nice fabric cover--color i chose--got it special ordered from Lazy boy, came from Bkk--34,000 baht--but it has lasted and worked beautifully for the last several years.

• Like 1