Thai Non-O Visa Expires 26 March 2022

I came into Thailand on 27 Dec on "NON-O Married to a Thai") and must leave on the 26 March 2022. My departure airline ticket is on the 12 of April back to the USA. I would like to extend or try and get a "NON-O" multi-entry for one year due to my Thai Marriage. Not sure if that is possible. Also, I'm 75 in years and not sure I can get insurance upon my re-entry where I like to spend 6 months in Ubon where I have a house and 6 months in Orlando, FL. Hope that the Thai government changes the insurance policy, but do not see that in the future. What are my options please. Thanks in advance. ????

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being married to a Thai at immigration. You will need 400k baht in a Thai Bank in your name only for 2 months on the day you apply.

After the extension is approved you can apply for a multiple re-entry to keep the remainder of your extension valid when you enter the country.

You can also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to get more time to have the money in the bank.

• Thanks 1

One word of warning about the one-year extension (does not apply to the 60-day extension). If planning to travel, you need to apply for the one-year extension over a month before your departure, and make sure the immigration office is aware of your plans. The extension is initially taken under consideration, with an instruction to report back about 30 days later for the final, confirmed stamp. Thus, with your planned departure being April 12, I would suggest talking with your local immigration office the last week of February or right at the beginning of March.

It may be better to just get the 60-day extension on this trip, planning to get a fresh Non O for your next trip.

Edited by BritTim
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I have to get back and do my 2021 taxes in the US, so hopefully things will change before my return in Oct. when I try and apply for another "NON-O," only show stopper I see is Covid-19 insurance since I am 75. So I will apply for the extension and see what happens later. Thanks for all the replies, Take care  and "BE SAFE!" 

2 hours ago, Dan747 said:

Yes, I have to get back and do my 2021 taxes in the US, so hopefully things will change before my return in Oct. when I try and apply for another "NON-O," only show stopper I see is Covid-19 insurance since I am 75. So I will apply for the extension and see what happens later. Thanks for all the replies, Take care  and "BE SAFE!" 

Why don't you make your taxes online, is that possible ?