Santander UK mobile banking

petermik

Anyone on here not receiving OTP passwords from Santander UK....I recently bought a new phone and cannot register/validate it as the OTP,s are not coming through...just spoke with them and they inform me SMS,s have been sent and to check with my phone provider True as to whether the problem is with them....call in at True shop tomorrow?

There are other threads on here about similar problems receiving OTP's on a foreign number. That's why I keep a UK phone number on a minimum plan.

Can you sign in online via a browser? Or will you still need an OTP to do that?

Edited by phetphet

Santander sends the OTP to my Dtac number and I've never had a problem (ok, it sometimes takes a while for the text to come through) for over a year now.  I still keep my UK 3 SIM card, I just have to send a text within every 6 months to keep it activated.

Yesterday I turned on my Virgin PAYG mobile with £25 credit and 20 years with the same number and spent all day trying to get the wretched thing to connect to a network.

Only after hours of trying I contacted customer service and was told PAYG has ended buy a £6 a month sim and ship it here at your own expense as I have no choice spent the next 2 hours setting up  DD and sent the new sim to my sons address to forward here.

It's shocking how they can disconnect you without any contact. and the next time I'm in the UK they will definitely end up paying one way or another off topic I know but if you are with Virgin you ain't no more ????    

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Usually OTPs come through fine but i use a UK number

11 hours ago, phetphet said:

There are other threads on here about similar problems receiving OTP's on a foreign number. That's why I keep a UK phone number on a minimum plan.

Can you sign in online via a browser? Or will you still need an OTP to do that?

I have tried through online banking to change my number to my UK one....they then send a OTP to my Thai number and of course it doesn`t come through.....if I can sort it eventually I will revert back to my UK one..here,s hoping.....pain in the butt though.

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Yesterday I turned on my Virgin PAYG mobile with £25 credit and 20 years with the same number and spent all day trying to get the wretched thing to connect to a network.

Only after hours of trying I contacted customer service and was told PAYG has ended buy a £6 a month sim and ship it here at your own expense as I have no choice spent the next 2 hours setting up  DD and sent the new sim to my sons address to forward here.

It's shocking how they can disconnect you without any contact. and the next time I'm in the UK they will definitely end up paying one way or another off topic I know but if you are with Virgin you ain't no more ????    

you should get a giffgaff sim sent to Thailand then port your UK number to giffgaff. Top up £10 then use once every 6 months, i send a sms

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

I have tried through online banking to change my number to my UK one....they then send a OTP to my Thai number and of course it doesn`t come through.....if I can sort it eventually I will revert back to my UK one..here,s hoping.....pain in the butt though.

you can phone Santander and they will change your OTP tel number for you, i did that no problem

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you should get a giffgaff sim sent to Thailand then port your UK number to giffgaff. Top up £10 then use once every 6 months, i send a sms

I was thrown by the audacity and contempt and losing my number but revenge will be sweet at some stage for sure ???? 

• Haha 1

On 2/21/2022 at 10:11 AM, scubascuba3 said:

of course they will, people lose phones and sims etc, try again, escalate if someone there thinks you can't

Will try next time I have to call them...True are currently investigating...where that leads to is anyones guess...

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2022 at 11:13 AM, scubascuba3 said:

you can phone Santander and they will change your OTP tel number for you, i did that no problem

On 2/21/2022 at 9:47 AM, petermik said:

No they will not...I asked them that question at the time.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:11 AM, scubascuba3 said:

of course they will, people lose phones and sims etc, try again, escalate if someone there thinks you can't

On 2/22/2022 at 12:10 PM, petermik said:

Will try next time I have to call them...True are currently investigating...where that leads to is anyones guess...

spot on scuba...spoke with them earlier (heard nothing from True) and after a few security questions Santander accepted my UK mobile number....logged on and all,s good ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, petermik said:

spot on scuba...spoke with them earlier (heard nothing from True) and after a few security questions Santander accepted my UK mobile number....logged on and all,s good ????

Good news, on that subject is your Santander address UK or Thailand? mine is UK but wondering if they balk if you change it to Thailand

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Good news, on that subject is your Santander address UK or Thailand? mine is UK but wondering if they balk if you change it to Thailand

I use santander Isle of man, address Thailand. works ok on AIS network, now

but it did have a problem early last year when it was a jersey account for a few weeks.

( they have just changed from jersey to Isle of man )

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1