Getting new passport

I will need to get a new passport in April and I was thinking "no big deal".
That was until I started to rethink what was involved in the change of passports.

- As usual, on the reception of a new passport, I will need to prepare some documents and go to immigration for a "VISA transfert".

- As the passport number is linked to my "Mor Phrom" health pass, I will need to go to the Maharat hospital and ask them to change the Passport numbers.
- The drivers license's are also linked and I will also need to pay a visit to the DLT offices to ask for new driver's licenses.

Maybe they will need new "Proof of Residence" documents from Immigration.
- My Thai Bank accounts are also linked to my passport and I will need to visit the Thai Banks to change the Passport numbers.

What seemed to be "a piece of cake" had suddenly become "a nightmare".

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Confuscious said:

- As the passport number is linked to my "Mor Phrom" health pass, I will need to go to the Maharat hospital and ask them to change the Passport numbers.

There is the facility within the Mor Phrom app to add/change your passport number.  I added mine and it now appears on my single jab certificate on the MOPH database, but another AN poster wasn't having any success with it.  Worth a try though.

1 hour ago, treetops said:

There is the facility within the Mor Phrom app to add/change your passport number.  I added mine and it now appears on my single jab certificate on the MOPH database, but another AN poster wasn't having any success with it.  Worth a try though.

Thanks for the tip.
Will try it as soon as I get my new passport.

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

What is the easiest way to get a new passport in BKK and what do you need?

If it's a UK passport, you just fill in the form, get all the pages of your old passport photocopied in colour, make sure you have the appropriate supporting documents and fill in the credit card payment form.  Then make an appointment at the HMPO office at VFS (Sukhumvit soi 13) by email.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Yesterday, at VFS Chiang Mai, I collected my new UK passport, received well ahead of the 10 weeks advised at submission. The whole process is simple, no need to employ a third party, assuming of course you can get to a VFS office. Pay strict attention to the requirements for passport photographs, get it done at a shop, and take along your Thai driving license, as it shows your Thai address written in English, they did not want to look at either yellow book or pink I.d. Card. I took my P60s along as back-up, they accepted those.

Superb professional service.