Medical Insurance. Any recommendations

Gee Bangkok

Hi Gents

I'm here on a Non O visa. That was done here in Thailand. So no need for insurance for immigration needs. But I need to have something. 50 plus age. 

I've looked at AXA. If anyone has some experience of which one, please let me know. Any help much appreciated. 

Thanks again 

Gee

Edited by Gee Bangkok

1 minute ago, sanuk711 said:

I have a few friends that have taken  Life .... wrlife.net because (they tell me) the fees only rise @ 3%  P.A. but Sheryl recommends a French one....(forgotten the Name)

You can look at earlier posts.

apple. They have also bangkok office and local policies. Or can be taken from paris under the EU regulations. But not cheap

• Like 1

My suggestion would be to engage an insurance broker, one that can give you quotes from two or three insurers and explain the differences and the options you may have.  I don't recommend going direct with insurers. You may also benefit from a broker's help if you have a difficult claim or other issue.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Only accept 65yo or younger, rules me out

I think the only reasonable priced, and still very expensive at around 100k, would be pacificcross. And that with max possible deductible.

If overpriced you have to go self insurance.

But you can get stand alone large accident insurance

Edited by internationalism

Highly recommend Mister Prakan for their service (I emailed them at 12:30pm on Friday to say I needed a Covid insurance certificate for my upcoming trip to the UK, I had a reply in 5 mins to say they would arrange it for me & the certificate 30 minutes later). 

FWIW I'm also in my 50s (just turned 56) & on a Non-Imm O and I went for the "Visa Friendly" policy with Pacific Cross, I opted out of the Outpatient cover & have a 100,000 deductible and my renewal this year (done on the day before my 56 birthday) was 26,800 THB for 3.5 Million THB cover. 

Edited by Mike Teavee

3 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

My suggestion would be to engage an insurance broker, one that can give you quotes from two or three insurers and explain the differences and the options you may have.  I don't recommend going direct with insurers. You may also benefit from a broker's help if you have a difficult claim or other issue.

Totally agree. I thoroughly recommend Macallan for helping with product selection, speed of service and customer (and patient) support.

I am with Heath Care International,a Uk based company ,but only last Autumn they "Hub" for SE Asia is now Bangkok ,which will make life easier .

But,they have a 1400GBP excess , keeps yearly premiums down ,I have had one claim 4 years ago ,hip replacement  ,the hospital I used would not use any insurance company ,afraid they will not get paid ,so I had to pay up front and clam back afterwards,took the company almost 6 months to pay up.