800K in Thai bank-fixed account??

Hi Folks

I am considering getting a credit card with SCB.

One of their requirements is to have a sum of money, in a fixed account, as a sort of guarantee.

Ideally, I would like to put the 800K that I use for my retirement visa, into the fixed account. And leave it as the guarantee for the CC.

I should be able to then get letter every year, showing 800K untouched. 

Will this satisfy Immigration requirements?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Nope …. I have in Bangkok Bank ….. 400,000 (visa) + 30,000 (credit card security)  …. both In the same bank account (same bank book) …. Immigration used to get confused about this because the letter that the bank provided was for 400,000 but in the bank book it stated 430,000 … not the same.

Bangkok Bank now put a one sentence explanation at the bottom of the letter which seems to satisfy immigration ….. unless you get a newbie.

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why do folk make simple difficult.

Have an account dedicated for immigration purposes.

For daily banking have a separate account. 

Some immi make a problem out of the smallest stupid thing = oh this account you not use why?   Jeez....

I keep my immigration money in the GSB, I put it into their "tickets" for 9 months(have to have a yellow book etc to do it) with a chance to win money then for 3 months it is taken out and put into my regular GSB account for the extension, no interest but the chance to win money, my numbers are not drawn all the time but one year I won one of the bigger prizes so it is comparible to interest rates, I also have a regular account with Bangkok bank for my aussie bank to transfer too through Wise. GSB works good for the extensions as I dont touch it apart from the cross over for 3 months and I also have it set up so I can bring up a statement on demand  to show immigration

i have had a fixed acc.for over 10yrs.mostly ,2 and 3yrs. which i used for my ext.800k.i have had over 1.5million in this ac.but you cant have a card of any kind.never had a problem with immigration as they know how it works,that was untill 2020 when they started useing imm.police volunteers to check your paper work.they dont even know what a fixed acc.is.when you explain they lose face and go running to the boss,so to give you a hard time.the last 2 extensions i have been at imm.for 8hrs.and last one 5hrs.

i have just opened a normal savings acc.so i dont get any more aggrivation.if you do use a fixed acc.make sure you have an acc.to show what you live on.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, meatboy said:

i have had a fixed acc.for over 10yrs.mostly ,2 and 3yrs. which i used for my ext.800k.i have had over 1.5million in this ac.but you cant have a card of any kind.never had a problem with immigration as they know how it works,that was untill 2020 when they started useing imm.police volunteers to check your paper work.they dont even know what a fixed acc.is.when you explain they lose face and go running to the boss,so to give you a hard time.the last 2 extensions i have been at imm.for 8hrs.and last one 5hrs.

i have just opened a normal savings acc.so i dont get any more aggrivation.if you do use a fixed acc.make sure you have an acc.to show what you live on.

Which immigration office do you deal with?   

I use the 800k fixed account.  Immo/CW (Bangkok) has never asked how I cover living expenses.   

As has been pointed out numerous times in this Forum, the 800K is not to cover living expenses for a year. 

The purpose is to separate out those with a certain level of financial security and those with less. 

Same for the 65K/month threshold.

• Like 1