Arapaima suggestions and options.

stbkk

Hi everybody,

I'll be returning to the UK permanently later in the year, and one thing I want to do before I go is catch an arapaima. I've never really bothered about them before, preferring more affordable (and still enjoyable) places like Pilot 111 and Bungsamran. But I have now decided having some exotic photos to show my mates back home will be a nice keepsake as well as give me some bragging rights!

So, If anybody has any recent experiences or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

I'm based in Bangkok, but am retired now so have plenty of spare time for multi day options, such as Hua Hin etc. I don't really want to go much further than that though.

I've seen a few videos of Jurassic, which looks amazing but with a price to match. Also Elton view has some good reviews.

But I'd much prefer some recent first hand experiences and/or suggestions if anybody has any.

Thanks,

Steve

On 2/24/2022 at 7:44 PM, John Bird said:

Are you trolling or that ignorant? Araipamas are a South American species... Best you can do is see them at an exhibition and shoot some pics. 

You just made yourself look a class a T... most of the fishing places I fish  have them.

On 2/24/2022 at 7:44 PM, John Bird said:

Are you trolling or that ignorant? Araipamas are a South American species... Best you can do is see them at an exhibition and shoot some pics. 

You just made yourself look a class a T... most of the fishing places I fish  have them.

1645927977726.jpg