Boeing wins helicopter contract for Thailand

webfact

GR2ORHMRYZBLJGGZYRXM7D7IGI.jpg

An AH-6i attack helicopter is flown by Todd Brown in Mesa, Ariz. (Boeing)

By Mike Yeo

MELBOURNE, Australia — Boeing has been awarded a contract for AH-6 light-attack helicopters to Thailand, the U.S. Defense Department announced Feb. 18.

The department said Boeing’s Mesa, Arizona, location was issued a $103.8 million modification to a contract for AH-6 aircraft with an estimated completion date of May 30, 2025.

The announcement added that the contract modification was for a Foreign Military Sales program for Thailand. The U.S. State Department previously approved the potential sale of eight AH-6i Little Bird helicopters in September 2019, estimated to be worth no more than $400 million. The Thai government later clarified it had approved 4.2 billion baht (U.S. $130.3 million) for the acquisition.

Full story: https://www.defensenews.com/industry/2022/02/23/boeing-wins-helicopter-contract-for-thailand/

DF.jpg

-- © Copyright Defense News 2022-02-25

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, robblok said:

I was so shocked watching the documentary the downfall, even more shocked in the end that nobody went to jail for this and how they could just buy their way out. Plus the disgusting attitude of Boeing of blaming the pilots first while they knew about the problems with the plane they even tried that the second time. The good thing though is that the US investigators got to the bottom of this. But it was really shocking.

You should boycott Boeing. Hope you don't fly much

• Like 1

The AH-6 can carry a wide variety of weapons on its two mounting pylons. It is generally a combination of the following weapons: M230 30 mm chainguns, six-barreled M134 7.62 mm miniguns, three-barreled 12.7 mm GAU-19 Gatling guns, pods with Hydra 70 mm unguided rockets, AGM-114 Hellfire anti-tank missiles, TOW anti-tank missiles, Mk.19 40 mm automatic grenade launchers, and AIM-92 Stinger short range air-to-air missiles.

https://www.military-today.com/helicopters/ah6_little_bird.htm

Sweet bird of time and change
You must be laughing
Up on your feathers laughing

Joni Mitchell

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Airbus is doing a good job and yes id try to boycot Boeing (if possible) what a hugely unethical company. Pure criminal. Blaming the pilots because they were not from the US while knowing that it was their own design that killed all these people and still hiding the true extent of the problems after the first crash. Maybe you should look at the documentary as its truly shocking.

Good for you.  I only fly Boeing, so I won’t be seeing you.  For me, yokes better than wire steering.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, robblok said:

Boeing isn't that that American company that decided to withold information from pilots causing many deaths because they were only thinking about money and then tried to cover it up ? 

If so then great Thailand and Boeing are made for each other safety is not important. 

Downfall is an excellent documentary, well worth a watch.  Corporate greed at its worst, as I posted in this year’s movie thread: https://aseannow.com/topic/1245104-what-movies-or-tv-shows-are-you-watching-2022/?do=findComment&comment=17211617