Phuket entry rules from abroad

jphasia

Hello, I am bit lost on the latest entries rules from abroad.

My final destination to Thailand will be Phuket.

Can I now fly directly to Bangkok. Do the test and go there and once I got the negative result (let's say 24 hours later), catch a domestic flight to Phuket?

Or do I still need to apply for the Phuket sandbox and get a direct flight to Phuket?

I am fully vaccinated of course.

Thanks

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can.

Thanks! Are you also allowed now to transit through Bangkok? I mean, I am in Vietnam now, purchase a ticket SGN-BKK-HKT?

Last time I went back to Phuket was in November with the sandbox program and I had to do a SGN-SIN-HKT with Singapore Airlines. By the time I did the sandbox booking, they released the test & go, so i spent only the 1st night in hotel and free to go. I was refund the 2nd PCR test.

There are more flight options between Ho Chi Minh and Bangkok. That's why I am considering this option.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

doctors visit need to drive to Phuket next week, fully vaccinated, is there any specific requirements to enter, like ATK test or just show vaccine certificate

If anything is checked at all at the bridge, the vaccination certificate is sufficient.

• Like 2

Hi Ubon. Long time no speak.

Reading the rules, flying from UK, I have to jump through hoops with uploading everything to get the entry requirements.

I am trying to make it back for my son's bday in April.

I have to stay one day at the sha hotels and wait for test result. Then a 5th. day test? Then a 72 hour before boarding test in Phuket? Am I reading that correctly?

On 3/17/2022 at 11:00 AM, Somtamnication said:

Hi Ubon. Long time no speak.

Reading the rules, flying from UK, I have to jump through hoops with uploading everything to get the entry requirements.

I am trying to make it back for my son's bday in April.

I have to stay one day at the sha hotels and wait for test result. Then a 5th. day test? Then a 72 hour before boarding test in Phuket? Am I reading that correctly?

The 5th day test is now a home ATK test kit that you do yourself and send the photo of the result - I don't think they are so bothered with it that much...! Have they deported anyone due to missing this ATK test yet...?

Also I read someone mentioned on this forum they may drop the pre-flight PCR test from 1st April - or that could be a April's fool day joke too... !????

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 10:56 AM, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can if you can find a connecting flight that allows you in transit in clear and clear immigration in Phuket.

Bangkok Airways has flights that depart from Bangkok that meet the requirements if you can arrange it.

I think it may easier and less costly to do the one night test and go in Bangkok and then fly domestic to Bangkok.

I am coming back again about this topic.

I found a travel itinerary SGN-BKK-HKT all way long with Thai Smile. Transiting few hours in BKK before the connecting flight to Phuket. Will it work for the Thai pass and doing the PCR test in Phuket airport with the 1st night quarantine in Phuket while waiting for the test result?

7 hours ago, jphasia said:

I am coming back again about this topic.

I found a travel itinerary SGN-BKK-HKT all way long with Thai Smile. Transiting few hours in BKK before the connecting flight to Phuket. Will it work for the Thai pass and doing the PCR test in Phuket airport with the 1st night quarantine in Phuket while waiting for the test result?

Try to get a direct flight to Phuket, or stay over night in Bangkok hotel until your test result comes...

Otherwise check and double check you can transit through BKK, it must be a sealed transit that transfer your luggage automatically, not many transfers in BKK qualify - check with all or it won't work...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Agusts said:

Try to get a direct flight to Phuket, or stay over night in Bangkok hotel until your test result comes...

Otherwise check and double check you can transit through BKK, it must be a sealed transit that transfer your luggage automatically, not many transfers in BKK qualify - check with all or it won't work...

Thank you. Yes, actually this one does. One ticket Ho Chi Minh - BKK - Phuket with check in luggages to Phuket. 1 airline only.

On 4/8/2022 at 3:21 PM, Agusts said:

I checked with Thaipass messenger and they confirmed me that this itinerary will work.

However, I found out that if you do the Phuket sandbox, you still need to book 5 nights in SHA+ hotel? In this case, I rather do the test & go in Bangkok, spend a night in Bangkok and take a flight to Phuket the next day.

3 hours ago, jphasia said:

I checked with Thaipass messenger and they confirmed me that this itinerary will work.

However, I found out that if you do the Phuket sandbox, you still need to book 5 nights in SHA+ hotel? In this case, I rather do the test & go in Bangkok, spend a night in Bangkok and take a flight to Phuket the next day.

Phuket also has Test & Go, but generally if you arrive directly at Phuket airport...

So doesn't your itinerary support this version...!? On Thai Pass application there are 3 options...

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Phuket also has Test & Go, but generally if you arrive directly at Phuket airport...

So doesn't your itinerary support this version...!? On Thai Pass application there are 3 options...

You are correct. Actually i was a bit lost but message again Thai Pass who confirm me that too. So seems all good.

Thanks for the feedback

I have done the Thaipass yesterday afternoon for a depart from Vietnam on 23 April (SGN-BKK-HKT) and it was approved this morning. Very fast!

My problem now is that i have been tested positive today! Done with a quick test because i was not feeling well.

I am not sure how it will go then for the 23rd April.

Here in Vietnam, as there are a lot of positive case, if you test positive with a quick test, it is not officially recorded. You stay at home and do other quick test until it become negative. Most of the people I know here have been positive sometime and it take between 7 to 10 days to become negatif again.

So my company feels confident that i will recover sometime next week and advise me to do a PCR test on 21 to be sure i am negative when flying.

If not, i guess I will have to update the Thaipass with a new departure date?