What About Playing Pool?

Playing pool in Thailand is like waking up with your memory erased every day. It seems like each bar has their own rules.

So, you learn that winning isn't everything. Its about sanuk unless you're the girl who has accepted a bet with a falang 40 baht you pay if you lose/100 baht you get if you win.

I am looking to improve my game and entertain guests with a pool table. Does anybody know where I can rent a pool table and the accessories required here in Bangkok?

I guess is I'll have to make the pool venue rounds in the next few days to flange down a source. I just would like to know if anybody here had good experience with renting or buying a pool table here and having it installed at your pad.

You can PM me if you want.

I don’t know about buying or renting tables but found a good place to play where you can rent the table by the hour to have a practise with friends before venturing off to the bars.

Its called the Red Parrot in Patpong. I don’t know exactly where as Im not too familiar with the area (honest) and usually follow my friends. Think its between the two main soi’s, I know its upstairs.

Good tables, music, cheapish beers.

I looked at a couple of bars before I got drunk and couldn't well... concentrate then I had to go home.

I don't think renting is a big part of bangkok pool life. It looks like I have to buy.

I need my table in the room ASAP to entertain my peeps.

Still open for suggestions.

And as this is Thai related...... I'll find a way to make a hybrid rules between american pool and thai poool

Help me help me.

remember that play pool for money is out of law in thailand.... just play for fun and for a cup of whiskey with friends...

mk

Please don't ask Khutan about wagers. Mine are tame compared to others.

All I can say is... if you make a wager worthwhile, the game gets more exciting.

If you are a real pool player, you would go to a real poolhall, like Players (down an alley near the Asoke BTS) or to Ball in Hand (nearby, at Times Square). Real pool players shoot 9-ball, and on long tables. It is also easy to find some money action, if you really want to, and not with bargirls. But if you just bang around at 8-ball on the postage-stamp tables at beer bars, then there is no point in complaining about the rules, because that is not playing pool. I'm not even sure what the proper term for that should be...

Jeanette Lee. aaaahhhh....

Is her nickname "The SPider woman"? or the "Black widow"? Or "Snake's Girl"?

I'd love to have her on the table.

Why do all the other female pool players look like butch dikes compared to her?

Snooker??. That looks like a tough sport. I think pool is a lot more of a socialable sport; so, I will stick to that.

Snooker??. That looks like a tough sport. I think pool is a lot more of a socialable sport; so, I will stick to that.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Black Widow :black.htm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Black Widow :black.htm

stopped playing pool with girls they cheat and never pay when they lose :o

stopped playing pool with girls they cheat and never pay when they lose :o

Yes, some of those naughty girls need to be spanked. naughty naughty.

It looks like I will have to look into (gulp) buying a table. Somebody talk me out of this.

No Way .... Get a table, i'll give you the number for Steve Ray if you like, he's one of the owner's at The Players bar near asoke bts......... he'll be able to help you source a nice table for good value.

Brand new Brunswick 9 x 4.5 is about 180'000 and that is the top of the line!!!

• 2 weeks later...