Covid outbreak?

john thom

I'm a teacher a bit north of you, and we were supposed to be back in school in February. Yet this keeps getting pushed back and I'm still teaching online. It's really killing the kids' morale. Fewer and fewer of them are coming to the online classes. Covid cases countrywide have been rising from 15k, to 20k, now 25k per day.

However, the country still seems to be proceeding with reopening plans, a refocus on tourism, and talk of downgrading Covid to "endemic" status, as several European countries have now done. Throwing in the towel basically, as the infections seem to be passing quicker, with fewer fatalities. That famous BKK newspaper a few days ago said this is still ontrack to happen in four months. We'll see I guess.

7 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I'm a teacher a bit north of you, and we were supposed to be back in school in February. Yet this keeps getting pushed back and I'm still teaching online. It's really killing the kids' morale. Fewer and fewer of them are coming to the online classes. Covid cases countrywide have been rising from 15k, to 20k, now 25k per day.

However, the country still seems to be proceeding with reopening plans, a refocus on tourism, and talk of downgrading Covid to "endemic" status, as several European countries have now done. Throwing in the towel basically, as the infections seem to be passing quicker, with fewer fatalities. That famous BKK newspaper a few days ago said this is still ontrack to happen in four months. We'll see I guess.

Bit dual IMHO to push for covid to be endemic but at the same time want to keep and increase measures locally.

As for the numbers, these are totally fake of course. Limited by testing.