Airline Ticket Before Tourist Visa?

Hi there,

I am a 31 year old Canadian male planning to relocate to Thailand for an indefinite period of time. I was hoping to purchase a plane ticket after obtaining a double entry tourist visa. I am wondering if this is possible. The visa application that I downloaded from the Royal Thai Embassy in Ottawa asks for a departure date / airline / flight number, etc.

I don't fancy buying a ticket, sending my visa application (with passport) by post and then sitting on my thumbs hoping the visa arrives in time for my planned departure. My ticket will be through Aeroplan Reward Miles, which means the dates can't really be changed without incurring additional costs.

Do they really insist on flight details before issuing a visa?

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi there,

I am a 31 year old Canadian male planning to relocate to Thailand for an indefinite period of time. I was hoping to purchase a plane ticket after obtaining a double entry tourist visa. I am wondering if this is possible. The visa application that I downloaded from the Royal Thai Embassy in Ottawa asks for a departure date / airline / flight number, etc.

I don't fancy buying a ticket, sending my visa application (with passport) by post and then sitting on my thumbs hoping the visa arrives in time for my planned departure. My ticket will be through Aeroplan Reward Miles, which means the dates can't really be changed without incurring additional costs.

Do they really insist on flight details before issuing a visa?

Thanks for any assistance.

It is something new at a few Thai missions ( very few ) Do as George says. That'll work.

Your in far better shape than a Thai trying to get a tourist visa into a western country.

A round trip ticket with dates corresponding to your itenerary is a virtual must. Best a Thai can do is make sure the ticket is refundable if they are turned down.

Clearly, they can't go for the most econonical fares which are non-refundable, unless they have previous visas to the same country.

Your in far better shape than a Thai trying to get a tourist visa into a western country.

A round trip ticket with dates corresponding to your itenerary is a virtual must.

AFAIK it is not a requirement for a US visa. Lots of other requirements but not a ticket.