Day 1 test and day 5 antigen

Hello,

I booked my room 1 day before the new 1st March rules.

My receipt does not include the Day 5 antigen test.

Will I have to obtain and resubmit a new receipt which will probably reset my application time?

Also, has anyone been rejected because of this?

Thanks

On the Thai Pass application, it specifically asks you to upload proof you prepaid for the PCR (even though it's already in the booking info) but not for the ATK. So if they are just ticking boxes according to what they ask for, they might not even notice. 

You upload the result to the Mor Chana App. You already had to upload the Day 5 PCR results manually, even though they were done at the hotel/hospital in quarantine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

...On the Thai Pass application, it specifically asks you to upload proof you prepaid for the PCR (even though it's already in the booking info) but not for the ATK...

From tp.consular.go.th:

Paid AQ / SHA Extra+ hotel reservation confirmation for 1 day (Day 1), and the booking must include the fee for 1 RT-PCR test, 1 ATK self-test kit and airport transfer.

I'm not talking about it being a requirement, I'm talking about the documents you have to upload

When you go through the full application you have to upload your booking info which is supposed to include that information.

But when you get to the end, it asks you (again) to upload proof that you prepaid for your Day 1 PCR test

It does not ask you to upload specific proof that you have prepaid for an ATK.

13 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

On the Thai Pass application, it specifically asks you to upload proof you prepaid for the PCR (even though it's already in the booking info) but not for the ATK. So if they are just ticking boxes according to what they ask for, they might not even notice. 

You upload the result to the Mor Chana App. You already had to upload the Day 5 PCR results manually, even though they were done at the hotel/hospital in quarantine.

Tell me how you upload your self test to the Mor Chana app please.  There us no spot to do so unless your taking a photo if the test kit and putting it where your photo goes I am at a loss.

With the Day 5 PCR result, you got a copy of your results from the quarantine hotel. Then you got a notification in the Mor Chana App around Day 7 or 8. When you clicked through, it took you to a website where you input the details of the test and a photo of the test results.

You can't do anything until they send you the notification.

I am assuming (but don't know for certain), that they will do the same with the ATK, so all you can do is take a photo of it and wait for the notification.

18 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

With the Day 5 PCR result, you got a copy of your results from the quarantine hotel. Then you got a notification in the Mor Chana App around Day 7 or 8. When you clicked through, it took you to a website where you input the details of the test and a photo of the test results.

You can't do anything until they send you the notification.

I am assuming (but don't know for certain), that they will do the same with the ATK, so all you can do is take a photo of it and wait for the notification.

No day 5 PCR taken, my day 5 was a home ATK test as directed by my hotel.  The original PCR test on Day 1 was done by BNH hospital and I was given the paperwork for that when I was told I could leave.  I arrived on the very first Test N Go QR code which did not require a second night at the hotel or a second PCR test.  The hotel told me to buy an ATK test and do it at my residence, since I live in Bangkok, take the test and let them know by an e-mail which I did including photographs.  I was then e-mailed back and told to hold onto everything which I have done as my  5th day test was yesterday.  Was told that the Mor Chana app does not work correctly etc....My first PCR test results were not even uploaded to the Mor Prom App, for which I am also registered.  The whole think is a total cluster...

Previously, when it was a PCR & ATK (I did that version in Dec 2021), you were supposed to upload the ATK to Mor Chana, but there was no functionality to do that, so no-one knew what to do with them. They managed to add that for the Day 5 PCR, so it seems likely they will use it for the Day 5 ATK, but it's too early to know for certain. 

If you took your ATK yesterday, then you are on Day 6 now, so you will have to wait another couple of days to see if the notification comes through on Day 7 or 8. 

The Mor Chana app used to turn green after the Day 1 PCR test. Now it stays orange until the Day 5 results are uploaded.

I've never had the PCR tests get added to Mor Prom under any variant of Test & Go. You do have Mor Chana installed, not just Mor Prom? You will only get the notification in Mor Chana (if you get one at all).

8 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Previously, when it was a PCR & ATK (I did that version in Dec 2021), you were supposed to upload the ATK to Mor Chana, but there was no functionality to do that, so no-one knew what to do with them. They managed to add that for the Day 5 PCR, so it seems likely they will use it for the Day 5 ATK, but it's too early to know for certain. 

If you took your ATK yesterday, then you are on Day 6 now, so you will have to wait another couple of days to see if the notification comes through on Day 7 or 8. 

The Mor Chana app used to turn green after the Day 1 PCR test. Now it stays orange until the Day 5 results are uploaded.

I've never had the PCR tests get added to Mor Prom under any variant of Test & Go. You do have Mor Chana installed, not just Mor Prom? You will only get the notification in Mor Chana (if you get one at all).

I have them both and have had them since they were put into use.  I live in BKK and have for many years.  This trip out and back was to take care of some family business that for almost 2 years I had let sit due to Covid and the travel issues between the US and Thailand.  I just did not want to quarantine for 2 weeks in both places so only left when things were relaxed.

I picked up my Booster of Moderna when I landed in the US as I had 2 AZ jabs here at Medpark in June and September.  Trying to get that added to my yellow Thailand International Vaccination book should be interesting as well.

Edited by ThailandRyan

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

No day 5 PCR taken, my day 5 was a home ATK test as directed by my hotel.  The original PCR test on Day 1 was done by BNH hospital and I was given the paperwork for that when I was told I could leave.  I arrived on the very first Test N Go QR code which did not require a second night at the hotel or a second PCR test.  The hotel told me to buy an ATK test and do it at my residence, since I live in Bangkok, take the test and let them know by an e-mail which I did including photographs.  I was then e-mailed back and told to hold onto everything which I have done as my  5th day test was yesterday.  Was told that the Mor Chana app does not work correctly etc....My first PCR test results were not even uploaded to the Mor Prom App, for which I am also registered.  The whole think is a total cluster...

Total Fiasco. in January I must have uploaded Day 5 Hospital test results to Mor Chana app 7 times until it stopped giving me warnings daily, Then I gave up. I am convinced there is no way Thailand can integrate this data or do effective contract tracing by scanning at business entrances it is a theatre of absurdity. They could go to any market or mall and randomly test 100 people and find some percentage who are *infected*, most blissfully unaware or had some morning sniffles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Polar Bear said:

Then, assuming you've connected your Mor Chana App to your Thai Pass, all you can do is wait and see if the notification comes through over the weekend.

Thanks, it was green until I scanned my Thai Pass and then it became orange......medium risk.  We shall see what happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tell me how you upload your self test to the Mor Chana app please.  There us no spot to do so unless your taking a photo if the test kit and putting it where your photo goes I am at a loss.

No idea… 

I just did Test & Go, the hotel staff gave me the ATK,  I asked what to do with the result.

The staff told me instructions in the box !!! I said I know how to take the test, where to submit the results. 
They told me upload to Mor Chana, I opened Mor Chana and asked “show me?”… they couldn’t then said “instructions in the box”… 

I opened the box, no instructions., 

They then said “upload to Mor Chana !”… how???

Realizing I was in a circular situation with someone refusing to accept they had no idea I just left it at that.

If on day 5 it’s not any clearer, I’ll just take the test. Keep proof & forget about it - if they can’t make it clear, l’m not going to sweat it !!! 

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I never had problem with Morchana was green by second day. Day 5 hospital test was very disorganized. Kept getting "notification" you must upload results if second test. It is a dodgy app that does not work properly.

What happened when you tried to upload the results? 

I was able to upload the Day 5 results OK, but the App is so flakey, I might just have been lucky.

9 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Now the notification is back. I am not even here anymore

I uploaded the test results to that linked page  many many times

test2notification.jpg

I notice it says day 7 test results and not day 5, this is proof that the app is not properly configured.  Today is day 7 for me from when I took my PCR test after arriving.  No notifications as of yet and the app is still orange.  If after today I do not recieve anything I will just stop caring.  Suck a clucked up government app, much like the old 90 day online reporting....

On 3/3/2022 at 4:24 PM, Polar Bear said:

The Morchana app has a Google store review score of 1.5, it didn't work in November and it looks like it still isn't fit for purpose, so what happens if you can't upload your Antigen test results to the site after the new rules start?

Mor Chana works better now than it did last year, but that's not saying much. (It wasn't possible to upload anything when I came back in December 2021, but it was possible in Feb this year.)

Nothing seems to have happened to people who didn't/couldn't upload their ATK last year or their Day 5 PCR test this year, so probably nothing will happen if someone doesn't upload their ATK this year, but we won't know for sure until it happens. 

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I notice it says day 7 test results and not day 5, this is proof that the app is not properly configured.  Today is day 7 for me from when I took my PCR test after arriving.  No notifications as of yet and the app is still orange.  If after today I do not recieve anything I will just stop caring.  Suck a clucked up government app, much like the old 90 day online reporting....

When I arrived the deal was go to Hospital for test on day or 5 or 6. I could not get anybody to answer if arrival day was day 0 or day 1. I assumed to to be day 1. When I first went to the Hospital for the second test they told me "come back tomorrow" as they were too busy. 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2022 at 4:24 PM, Polar Bear said:

On the Thai Pass application, it specifically asks you to upload proof you prepaid for the PCR (even though it's already in the booking info) but not for the ATK

The ATK IS listed as a requirement.

'Paid AQ / SHA Extra+ hotel reservation confirmation for 1 day (Day 1), and the booking must include the fee for 1 RT-PCR test, 1 ATK self-test kit and airport transfer.'

https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

I asked my hotel for an amended confirmation letter.

On 3/4/2022 at 1:10 PM, Polar Bear said:

I'm not talking about it being a requirement, I'm talking about the documents you have to upload

When you go through the full application you have to upload your booking info which is supposed to include that information.

But when you get to the end, it asks you (again) to upload proof that you prepaid for your Day 1 PCR test

It does not ask you to upload specific proof that you have prepaid for an ATK.

As I said previously. I was referring to the documents you upload, not the technical requirements.

On 3/5/2022 at 3:35 PM, Polar Bear said:

Mor Chana works better now than it did last year, but that's not saying much. (It wasn't possible to upload anything when I came back in December 2021, but it was possible in Feb this year.)

Nothing seems to have happened to people who didn't/couldn't upload their ATK last year or their Day 5 PCR test this year, so probably nothing will happen if someone doesn't upload their ATK this year, but we won't know for sure until it happens. 

I'm supposed to submit the Day 5 ATK result today. 

There is no where to upload the result on Mor Chana (app). 

According to comments in another thread I should have received a notification with a link and upload there - I’ve received no such notification. 

If Thailand can’t be bothered to get it right, I figure its not important enough for them, so I shouldn’t be too bothered about submitting a negative ATK result !!!....  the system is just theatre, its a game - thats all. 

• 1 month later...