Non-OA mandatory health insurance from LMG?

I'm thinking of switching from my more expensive policy to one from LMG, based on many people here saying they're happy with their cover from LMG.

The problem is that I understand the coverage now required is US$100,000.  But on the long-stay insurance site ( https://longstay.tgia.org/companiesoa  ) the link to LMG leads to a page where LMG still only has info about the old THB 400K/40K requirement.  Any suggestions on where to get an accurate quote from LMG based on the new requirements?

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not have to have the new insurance requirements until after September 1st of this year to apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration.

You should be able to get more info here on the LMG website. 

https://www.lmginsurance.co.th/en/pages/iservice.aspx

But it seems that new O-A applicants must buy the $100,000 health insurance already and I assume this would also have coverage for Covid. Is this correct? I am planning to come in early July after 2+ years away. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Searat7 said:

But it seems that new O-A applicants must buy the $100,000 health insurance already and I assume this would also have coverage for Covid. Is this correct? I am planning to come in early July after 2+ years away. Thanks.

Why do you want to come on an O-A? O-A has lost all its advantages due to mandated insurance and Covid restrictions to get a second year stay without going through the immigration extension process. 

5 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Why do you want to come on an O-A? O-A has lost all its advantages due to mandated insurance and Covid restrictions to get a second year stay without going through the immigration extension process. 

I knew about the insurance but I stay only 7 months a year and was under the impression I could return for second long stay with a re-entry permit and insurance for the 7 months remaining on re-entry permit. I did not realize this would entail visiting BKK Immigration for an extension. Does not make sense to me.  I know about the Non-O visa I can get in Bangkok but wish to avoid parking 800,000 b in Thailand and don’t wish to go the agent route.

4 hours ago, Searat7 said:

I knew about the insurance but I stay only 7 months a year and was under the impression I could return for second long stay with a re-entry permit and insurance for the 7 months remaining on re-entry permit. I did not realize this would entail visiting BKK Immigration for an extension. Does not make sense to me.  I know about the Non-O visa I can get in Bangkok but wish to avoid parking 800,000 b in Thailand and don’t wish to go the agent route.

You do not have to apply for a extension of stay unless you want to stay longer after you OA visa expires and the last one year permit to stay from it is ending.

11 hours ago, Searat7 said:

If you applied for your OA visa after October first of 2021 you need the $100,000 insurance that includes the covid 19 insurance.

Info about it is here. https://longstay.tgia.org/guidelineoa

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 7:45 PM, ubonjoe said:

If you applied for your OA visa after October first of 2021 you need the $100,000 insurance that includes the covid 19 insurance.

Info about it is here. https://longstay.tgia.org/guidelineoa

Thanks Joe- I found acceptable insurance for a new O-A visa but I usually travel outside the country 2-3 times during my 7 month stay. Would Immigration still give me 12 months each time I return during first year without regard for insurance expiration date ( I would buy 12 month policy) or would they just give new date based on when my 12 month insurance policy ends ? If that is the case could I re-enter just before I leave for USA with a new 12 month policy which would allow me a second long stay ?   Thanks. 

20 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

Thanks Joe- I found acceptable insurance for a new O-A visa but I usually travel outside the country 2-3 times during my 7 month stay. Would Immigration still give me 12 months each time I return during first year without regard for insurance expiration date ( I would buy 12 month policy) or would they just give new date based on when my 12 month insurance policy ends ? If that is the case could I re-enter just before I leave for USA with a new 12 month policy which would allow me a second long stay ?   Thanks. 

Immigration will only stamp you into the country to the day your insurance expires when entering with a OA visa.

If you got a new insurance they would stamp into the country to the day is expires or for one year.