Can volunteer visas from agents be converted or renewed in Thailand or do they have to leave the country and start from scratch?

Can't be renewed but can be converted, I would recommend converting rather than leaving the country on a "visa run" as I have heard of people finding it hard to re enter on a exempt when the last Visa was a agency volunteer visa.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Antiparovian said:

Please enlighten us with your Volunteering experience. Why did you need to use an agent? Why did you not do it legally?

By using an agent you didn't have to move to isaan and volunteer. You just got the visa.

It works just like a retirement extension for those that has done the crime of being under 50 years old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Chad91 said:

Can't be renewed but can be converted, I would recommend converting rather than leaving the country on a "visa run" as I have heard of people finding it hard to re enter on a exempt when the last Visa was a agency volunteer visa.

I converted mine to a Covid-extension when this was possible. That door is now closed.

When i later tried to convert that to a marriage extension, I was plainly refused because of the previous volunteer visa.

Immigration actually told me to do a visa run and apply again.

Agent said they could fix the marriage extension in another province, but i decided to leave and come back on a clean slate.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MajorTom said:

I converted mine to a Covid-extension when this was possible. That door is now closed.

When i later tried to convert that to a marriage extension, I was plainly refused because of the previous volunteer visa.

Immigration actually told me to do a visa run and apply again.

Agent said they could fix the marriage extension in another province, but i decided to leave and come back on a clean slate.

Yes i am sorry my mistake when I said it can be converted I should off added via a agent, I think you would struggle to convert this by visiting immagration.

Did you have any issues re entering the country when you left ? I have read mixed reports on this with people who had a Agency volounteer visa.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Chad91 said:

Did you have any issues re entering the country when you left ? I have read mixed reports on this with people who had a Agency volounteer visa.

No issues, but i re-entered on a Non-O. I applied for an e-visa and got it approved before i left.

• Haha 1