Maximum money transfer to Thailand is now 49,999 baht?

Hi everyone,

After make a lot of money transfers (even of million baht) to my thai account using Xendpay without any problem, in last one around 180,000 bath Xendpay sent me an email about there is new thai rule and I can send from outside no more than 49,999.00 baht.

Someone had same problem?

(Sorry about my english)

Regards

2 hours ago, Tom H said:

Not with Kasikorn, SCB and Bangkok Bank.

All others under 50k.

Did somebody get Baht and US dollar mixed up?

I know that with bank transfers, eg SWIFT, the Foreign Exchange Transaction Form (FETF) is mandatory for amounts of USD 50,000 and more, but this requirement does not mean that there is an upper limit for transfers.

I don't know if there are limits of some kind for non-bank institutions that offer money transfers to Thailand. 

8 hours ago, Puccini said:

Did somebody get Baht and US dollar mixed up?

I know that with bank transfers, eg SWIFT, the Foreign Exchange Transaction Form (FETF) is mandatory for amounts of USD 50,000 and more, but this requirement does not mean that there is an upper limit for transfers.

I don't know if there are limits of some kind for non-bank institutions that offer money transfers to Thailand. 

There are limits for all banks except kasikorn bangkok bank and scb.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

This limit applies to Wise and similar type companies, you can still send larger Swift's from normal banks to Thailand

But not to Wises' partner banks, did 50k THB last week no problem, as an FTT as usual.

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

He specifically asked about it showing as money from abroad, with SCB it doesn't show as International, you'd have to get paperwork and try and prove it etc

Thx for clearing that up!

Edited by MJCM

4 hours ago, Tom H said:

There are limits for all banks except kasikorn bangkok bank and scb.

Not so. Just received USD 50k into my account with Krung Thai yesterday. Bank to bank from my own account. Presumably you're talking about non bank to bank transfers.

Edited by malathione

On 3/10/2022 at 5:07 PM, malathione said:

Not so. Just received USD 50k into my account with Krung Thai yesterday. Bank to bank from my own account. Presumably you're talking about non bank to bank transfers.

Yes I was using many times a Xendpay App. It cost just 5 or 10€ for big money transfer instead of 60 - 80€ doing the transfer directly from my bank

• Like 1