Kindle repair: Pattaya or Bangkok area?

dddave

Two month old Paperwhite 11 not charging. I have tried several different chargers that are working ok on other devices.

I may have overloaded it inadvertently using my phone charger which is an 18 watt fast charger.

I've tried shutting down and resetting...no luck.

Sending back to USA where it was purchased not an option.

Kindles are not made with repair in mind, that's just a fact of life. Can't be opened up without wrecking them. I suspect when they do get back to the US, they are analysed for the defect and a replacement issued from stock.

I have a Generation 4 Kindle that I hardly ever use. Nowadays, I send all my Amazon book purchases to my elderly OPPO smartphone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Kindles are not made with repair in mind, that's just a fact of life. Can't be opened up without wrecking them. I suspect when they do get back to the US, they are analysed for the defect and a replacement issued from stock.

I have a Generation 4 Kindle that I hardly ever use. Nowadays, I send all my Amazon book purchases to my elderly OPPO smartphone.

I've been able to successfully open and replace batteries in several Kindles over the years: a Keypad one bought at a yardsale for $2, my original Kindle Touch and a 3rd gen, Paperwhite.  Replacement batteries sold on Amazon usually include a helpful plastic separation and pry tool.  Getting the first bit of the case open takes a bit of work but easy and straightforward from then on.

The Kindle display does not cycle as tablet and smartphone displays do.  Much easier on the eyes in the long run.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This is a new, 11th generation just released in late 2021.  Significantly larger display.  Between B5600 & 7000 (depending on memory option) on Lazada.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/all-new-kindle-paperwhite-2021-832-gb-gen-11-68-worm-white-i3102399787-s12836518852.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.45dd7786oXtmKs&search=1&freeshipping=1

25 minutes ago, dddave said:

I've been able to successfully open and replace batteries in several Kindles over the years: a Keypad one bought at a yardsale for $2, my original Kindle Touch and a 3rd gen, Paperwhite.  Replacement batteries sold on Amazon usually include a helpful plastic separation and pry tool.  Getting the first bit of the case open takes a bit of work but easy and straightforward from then on.

The Kindle display does not cycle as tablet and smartphone displays do.  Much easier on the eyes in the long run.

I don't understand, why are you asking for advice on repairers if you can DIY? Why not just order a replacement battery from Amazon?

Each to his own, I find the smartphone more convenient in size, and AFAIK the display does not cycle while I am reading, perhaps because I turn the pages at a good clip.