Dying woman's last words: "I'm three months pregnant" - horror smash leaves three dead

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Plaeng Yao police in Chachoengsao and rescue services were called after a five vehicle collision on Route 3351, the Hua Samrong to Nong Pla Taphian Road. 

Dead inside an unrecognisable Mitsubishi Triton pick-up was Somjet, 46.

This vehicle had collided head on with a Pajero. Inside this vehicle were a 45 year old man and a pregnant woman.

Rescue services took an hour before they were cut free from the wreckage of the two vehicles.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

A witness said that the driver of the Triton lost control in an overtaking attempt side swiping other vehicles.

A local who was first on the scene said that the woman in the Pajero was still alive when he tried to help her.

Her dying words were that she was three months pregnant, reported Siam Rath

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-14

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Sad 14

On 3/14/2022 at 7:44 PM, brianthainess said:

I would like to ask the Transport Minister what he is doing about the carnage on Thai roads, if anything at all.

I'm not sure rules and fines will stop the stupid driving habits. Shouldn't it be common sense to not pass with oncoming traffic so close. Can't count the times I've had to keep to the shoulder to let oncoming passing cars through.