Anyone ever use Thai Visa Expert or Thai Visa Centre?

Looks like agent feed will be cheaper (and much more convenient) than taking a trip outside the country and coming back. Anyone ever use either of these two businesses? TIA for your feedback. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, where are you located and what is history on extensions for your current stay.

What options are available for your situation. 

Agents can only do so much.

The couple you refer to have extensive review history.

In Bkk. March 2020 got a non-O ME visa in Savannakhet. October 2020 converted to standard 1-year non-O for marriage at CW. October 2021 converted to Non-B for teaching (was already teaching with a WP and the non-O). 

Both have said they can do the conversion. We cancel the non-B, get the 7-day extension and apply for the non-O marriage visa. That'll add 30 days for the consideration period. Then pick it up. Seems simple. Prices are similar (Thai Visa Centre is 3k baht more). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PiMi said:

In Bkk. March 2020 got a non-O ME visa in Savannakhet. October 2020 converted to standard 1-year non-O for marriage at CW. October 2021 converted to Non-B for teaching (was already teaching with a WP and the non-O). 

Both have said they can do the conversion. We cancel the non-B, get the 7-day extension and apply for the non-O marriage visa. That'll add 30 days for the consideration period. Then pick it up. Seems simple. Prices are similar (Thai Visa Centre is 3k baht more). 

This puzzles me. Why did you switch to an extension of stay based on working at all? Why do you think you need an agent to switch back to an extension based on marriage (assuming that is what you want to do)? Assuming you have the termination letter from your employer, it should be possible to do the cancellation of the extension based on working and application for the new extension based on Thai spouse on the same day. I have no doubt an agent can do it, but they will probably charge you a lot, and their help should be unnecessary.

22 minutes ago, BritTim said:

This puzzles me. Why did you switch to an extension of stay based on working at all? Why do you think you need an agent to switch back to an extension based on marriage (assuming that is what you want to do)? Assuming you have the termination letter from your employer, it should be possible to do the cancellation of the extension based on working and application for the new extension based on Thai spouse on the same day. I have no doubt an agent can do it, but they will probably charge you a lot, and their help should be unnecessary.

My 1 year non-O for marriage expired in October. I was working, so instead of putting 400k back in the bank, I just switched to the non-B. Back then I thought I'd just continue working with the school. They offered me a new contract, but I had to decline. Anything I say about that could be construed as complaining about the Thai public education system (policies etc), so I'll leave it at that. 

I'm considering the agent because I don't have enough time to show 400k THB in a bank to apply for the non-O. Unless you know a way around the requirement of 60-day seasoning for the funds, I don't know of any other choice I have. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, PiMi said:

I'm considering the agent because I don't have enough time to show 400k THB in a bank to apply for the non-O. Unless you know a way around the requirement of 60-day seasoning for the funds, I don't know of any other choice I have. 

Assuming you have not used it since the last entry using the Multiple Entry Non O visa, you are entitled to a one-time 60-day extension to visit your Thai spouse. This is very easy, requiring no financial proof.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PiMi said:

Might sound harsh however don't understand your thread at all.

You had easy options being married.

Clearly your aware of you options as indicated by you posts.

What are you looking for? 

Confirmation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

Assuming you have not used it since the last entry using the Multiple Entry Non O visa, you are entitled to a one-time 60-day extension to visit your Thai spouse. This is very easy, requiring no financial proof.

This conflicts with what the immigration officer told me. She said I would need a letter from my embassy justifying the reason for such a visa/extension. Perhaps she didn't understand me, or perhaps I didn't understand her. That would be the perfect fix for this. 

My visa agent has become a good friend, over time. Money in the bank is not necessary, AND she started me off by taking me to the local immigration office and introducing me to the staff!!

She is well connected and can likely help you regardless of where you live. 

PM me if you want to get further info. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PiMi said:

This conflicts with what the immigration officer told me. She said I would need a letter from my embassy justifying the reason for such a visa/extension. Perhaps she didn't understand me, or perhaps I didn't understand her. That would be the perfect fix for this. 

I think she was mixing up a 60 day covid 19 extension and a 60 day extension to visit you wife.

A letter from your is embassy is certainly not a requirement to apply for a extension.

Go back to immigration and try to talk to somebody else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I think she was mixing up a 60 day covid 19 extension and a 60 day extension to visit you wife.

A letter from your is embassy is certainly not a requirement to apply for a extension.

Go back to immigration and try to talk to somebody else.

Thank you, UbonJoe. I'll do that. 

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

Well why shouldn't the immigration folks like you? You are willing to give them (after agent's cut) 10-20000 or more baht for a service for which they should receive only 1900 baht.

pattaya immigration takes 20K for non-o extension with thai wife. 2000 agency takes. 22K total. 500 for 90 days and 1000 for 90 days if you are not in pattaya. i just confirmed this 2-3 days ago from a pattaya agency. 

I know a guy working at nonthaburi immigration he lives 3 houses from my home. He just bought a new BMW which i cannot effort to buy even i save money for years. His wife has the newest Mercedes also. 

The agency i talked at pattaya told me now tourist and normal local police are very angry because they cannot make money but immigration police makes crazy money.. I was like, damn couldnt decide if she was serious saying this. But sounds like she was. Example is the guy i just mentioned from nonthaburi immigration. 

Edited by problemfarang

2 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Nowhere NEAR 35k with an Agent,Mine was 16k.....

16-18K was 2 years ago. and its only extension. this year starting from 22-24K for non-o marriage extension.

if your agency is still doing for 16-18K please send me their tel and info to me, im serious. thanks

1 hour ago, charliebadenhop said:

If a person's conditions are not complicated, I think between 15k and 20k is usual.

Or at least that is what I hear from most people.

There tends to be a lot of confusion between:

• those wanting retirement extensions;
  • those wanting marriage extensions;
  • those wanting both conversion from a tourist entry and a subsequent retirement extension; and
  • those wanting both conversion from a tourist entry and a subsequent marriage extension.

These all have different prices and, of course, there is a huge difference depending on the immigration office that will be used. There will naturally be an extra charge for a re-entry permit if you ask the agent for that also. At some offices, agents can offer prices of 13k or less for a retirement extension. At others, you will be very lucky to get a quote of 40k to process conversion + marriage extension. It is pointless talking about the price an agent charged you without knowing (i) when this was; (ii) which immigration office; and (iii) the service provided.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gordyg422 said:

I was 18,000 with Thai Visa Center for an extension and it,s 2000 cheaper if you have a Kasikorn Bank Book.

But as the post above yours says, that information is no good unless you tell us if it was a marriage or retirement extension etc etc.

7 minutes ago, treetops said:

But as the post above yours says, that information is no good unless you tell us if it was a marriage or retirement extension etc etc.

Right, and also the immigration office the agent used to process the extension.

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2022 at 8:56 PM, problemfarang said:

16-18K was 2 years ago. and its only extension. this year starting from 22-24K for non-o marriage extension.

if your agency is still doing for 16-18K please send me their tel and info to me, im serious. thanks

Yes M8 It is only an Extension ( Yearly Retirement )

• Like 1