Fantasy Bar, Jomtien

Ungabunga

It didn't take me long to figure out that most of the TV'ers like a drink or two, so perhaps this may be of interest!

I recently came across a bar located in Jomtein called The Fantasy Bar, perhaps some of you know it already but I'm told it's only been open a few months. Because of the name, I entered hesitantly not knowing whether or not I would be tied up, tickled to death or pounced upon by latex/pvc clad saucy female staff, but alas it would appear that it's called 'fantasy bar' because their beer is unbelievebly cheap (hurraahh!)

Every beer on the menu is 40 Baht per bottle, with the exception of 'Archa Beer' which is served in big bottle and retails for the princely sum of 60 Baht. Whilst I am no conneisuer, a fair selection of wines are also at hand, each at.... you've guessed it ... 40 Baht per large glass.

Large leather sofas, air conditioning, not-so loud music and attentive (no-hassle) female staff makes it an ideal break from the norm and a chance to chat with friends and drink almost twice as much as you would usually! Greeattt!!

Perhaps Weho, owing to his incredibly thrifty nature and 'tighter than an otter's pocket' code of morals can pop along there and give us an independant review?

It didn't take me long to figure out that most of the TV'ers like a drink or two, so perhaps this may be of interest!

I recently came across a bar located in Jomtein called The Fantasy Bar, perhaps some of you know it already but I'm told it's only been open a few months. Because of the name, I entered hesitantly not knowing whether or not I would be tied up, tickled to death or pounced upon by latex/pvc clad saucy female staff, but alas it would appear that it's called 'fantasy bar' because their beer is unbelievebly cheap (hurraahh!)

Every beer on the menu is 40 Baht per bottle, with the exception of 'Archa Beer' which is served in big bottle and retails for the princely sum of 60 Baht. Whilst I am no conneisuer, a fair selection of wines are also at hand, each at.... you've guessed it ... 40 Baht per large glass.

Large leather sofas, air conditioning, not-so loud music and attentive (no-hassle) female staff makes it an ideal break from the norm and a chance to chat with friends and drink almost twice as much as you would usually! Greeattt!!

Perhaps Weho, owing to his incredibly thrifty nature and 'tighter than an otter's pocket' code of morals can pop along there and give us an independant review?

hes saving up for a xmas at the mo he wants his first car, its the driving lessons that will be fun, can you drive eat a bowl of 16 bhat rice and type at the same time in the fantasy bar!

Large leather sofas, air conditioning, not-so loud music and attentive (no-hassle) female staff makes it an ideal break from the norm and a chance to chat with friends...

Sounds like an ideal 19th hole apres golf.

:o

Where exactly in Jomtien is it?

Jaidee .... it's located inside Jomtien complex, not far from 'El Coyote' bar and next to an Italian restaurant. It's the bar underneath the walkway thing. It's easily missed admittedly. Photo below.

post-30245-1181798909_thumb.jpg

[in third person]: weho would like to state that private messages are annoying, and contrary to weho's policy of sharing view/thoughts/opinions with everyone, rather than privately. weho also likes a bit of mystery.

Now weho is going to go swimming for a bit...

Edited by Weho

Jaidee .... it's located inside Jomtien complex, not far from 'El Coyote' bar and next to an Italian restaurant. It's the bar underneath the walkway thing. It's easily missed admittedly. Photo below.

Thanks 'Ungabunga'... plenty of parking... out of sight from the main road... sounds perfect.

I'll have to give it a try.

Not just for the cheap beer mind you... the ambience sounds good. :o

wasn't too difficult, was it? :o

Excellent news, have a look at the TV Friday night out thread, propose your new found venue there and come tomorrow night to that place in Soi Muslim. Newcomers are required to ring the bell frequently to keep attending mods tame... :D
Now weho is going to go swimming for a bit...

don't forget your concrete boots.... :D

if you want cheap beer and dont want the hastle buy at your local minimart, most have tables out the front where you can sit and drink, but soi 7 has cheap beer too juts have to look around some have them as low as 35 baht

if you want cheap beer and dont want the hastle buy at your local minimart, most have tables out the front where you can sit and drink, but soi 7 has cheap beer too juts have to look around some have them as low as 35 baht

Oh yes theres always the Eagle bar soi 7 ,most beers 35 bt all day no happy hour b*******.A great place to watch the wildlife of Pattaya about 5pm is showtime,on the downside the general ambience reminds me of the local mental hospital dayout or Ibiza in the late eightys croaking,belching hoards of bare chested tattoo covered veteran footy hooligans approaching alcoholism.......on a more positive note the best bar in Pattaya is reopening this Monday after a dodgy 30 day closure order the U-too BAR on 2nd rd opp Alcazaar,well run reasonable prices,stunning ladies no hassle WELL WORTH A VISIT

I know some afternoon bars in Soi 7 where they server a Singha at 35 Bht

Much better area than Jomtien Complex, but up to you.

At the end I do not care spending 40 or 60 Baht for a beer. It even happens to me to pay 150 Bht in the Lucifer :o

I know some afternoon bars in Soi 7 where they server a Singha at 35 Bht

Much better area than Jomtien Complex, but up to you.

At the end I do not care spending 40 or 60 Baht for a beer. It even happens to me to pay 150 Bht in the Lucifer :o

i agree moo9 - 35 bt to 65 bt is not out the way for a beer but 150 lucifer,180 tonys,250 that russian bar in walking st,and finaly slim pattaya 290 is bloody ridiculus.BLOODY hel_l I MUST BE GETTING OLD!!

Another note on this fine establishment. Check out the big hootered beer cosies that are offered for sale from time to time.

Hadn't thought of this place as a TV nite out joint, it has always been rather tame and relaxed.

Well, that now sounds like a challenge doesn't it?

kdf