Visa Card / Pre-paid Credit Card

I have a pre-paid credit card from easykard.co.uk which until recently had been fine.

Lately I have had online credit transfers via my bank returned and a few other hiccups meaning im getting stuck with a cc that im being charged for but doesnt work on many occasions! (Really need the visa for flight purchases )

After having had my UK bank card swallowed at a thai atm i want to make sure i have some kind of back up credit card (have back up bank account).

Does anyone know of a credit card i can get here? Or what my options are? The reason i went for pre-paid is because if the card was lost or stolen the damage that can be done is limited as I keep only just a small sum on the card.

My bank accounts are with HSBC(uk based) and Bangkok Bank.

Would be VERY grateful of any advice.

(in the mean time...does anyone know the best way (and cheapest) to book a flight to Penang (not online)? I was going to fly with airasia from cm - bang / bang - pen. I have only ever made bookings online till now. Should i go to cm airport airasia desk or ?? Appreciate the advice as always. TY!)

I have a pre-paid credit card from easykard.co.uk which until recently had been fine.

Lately I have had online credit transfers via my bank returned and a few other hiccups meaning im getting stuck with a cc that im being charged for but doesnt work on many occasions! (Really need the visa for flight purchases )

After having had my UK bank card swallowed at a thai atm i want to make sure i have some kind of back up credit card (have back up bank account).

Does anyone know of a credit card i can get here? Or what my options are? The reason i went for pre-paid is because if the card was lost or stolen the damage that can be done is limited as I keep only just a small sum on the card.

My bank accounts are with HSBC(uk based) and Bangkok Bank.

Would be VERY grateful of any advice.

(in the mean time...does anyone know the best way (and cheapest) to book a flight to Penang (not online)? I was going to fly with airasia from cm - bang / bang - pen. I have only ever made bookings online till now. Should i go to cm airport airasia desk or ?? Appreciate the advice as always. TY!)

It depends on your status here. If you have a work permit and a regular income over a certain level, no problem. I think it would be much harder without a work permit.

Yes, sorry didnt know what info to give, i have no work permit. (atm im back to back tourist visas, until i can think of some other way..possibly decide to take on a lang course as i already study some thai)

I dont do anything illegally (that i know of!). I have an income from outside of Thailand which goes into my UK account. I then transfer what i budget to live on into my Thai account.

Credit card is just for making bookings online (as i find it the cheapest and easiest).

Just wish i had some form of realiable cc ..pref from thailand.

thank you, will check out that link now.

As for k-bank, thats the atm that swallowed my card! (and wouldnt return it..evil! :o ) Regardless, if they have online payments with their card and i can get one..im on that like a shot!

Shame that Bangkok Banks visa card doesnt work online ..

anyone have a thai issued credit card they use for funding online gaming accounts. western union thai style wont send money to gaming companies.........go figure. thai western union must be taking the lead from usa western union.

blizzard, as a last resort you can purchase pre-paid credit for well known MMORPG's online (going by your nik im assuming mmorpg, if not then sorry).

You can buy with a reg cc or debit card from ebay, and all other sites with a reg cc (poss debit, but dont know).

Hello.

Use K Bank. Open a savings account and at the same time apply for their Web Card. Its a virtual card linked to the savings account. It contains all the stuff most cards have 16 digit number, CV number at back, expiry date etc etc etc. They email all that stuff to you then you just make a note of all the numbers.

You can then use this online for pretty much all purchases. I have used mine to open a Paypal account in Thailand and am now registered with Ebay. Purchased my flight ticket via KLM with it. No probs whatsoever.

Good luck. Steve

who knew banking could be so much fun. guys, banking in thailand is like banking in the stone ages when compared to usa.

i swear it took an hour to process a wire transfer of 200$. also lady said after 6 months i can deposit usa dollar check but it would take 6 weeks to clear.

i got a basic bank account with bangkok bank without a work permit and now i want more.

wire transfers at bb is cost effective but a pain in the ass.

now i have to hit all the kasikorn banks to get an account there.........lol.

i should clarify my kind of gameing is online poker, not the kind so many thais spend their time pplaying.

Edited by blizzard

who knew banking could be so much fun. guys, banking in thailand is like banking in the stone ages when compared to usa.

i swear it took an hour to process a wire transfer of 200$. also lady said after 6 months i can deposit usa dollar check but it would take 6 weeks to clear.

i got a basic bank account with bangkok bank without a work permit and now i want more.

wire transfers at bb is cost effective but a pain in the ass.

now i have to hit all the kasikorn banks to get an account there.........lol.

i should clarify my kind of gameing is online poker, not the kind so many thais spend their time pplaying.

At a guess I think you'll have problems here too and that they will increase.

The present law is that gambling is illegal, and I recall that Thai institutions were unwilling to transfer funds to defined gambling sites. Further, in the new cyber-law, I believe that gambling sites and access to them will be specifically banned. This may well move the institutions to close the payment options down further.

Regards

Yes, sorry didnt know what info to give, i have no work permit. (atm im back to back tourist visas, until i can think of some other way..possibly decide to take on a lang course as i already study some thai)

I dont do anything illegally (that i know of!). I have an income from outside of Thailand which goes into my UK account. I then transfer what i budget to live on into my Thai account.

Credit card is just for making bookings online (as i find it the cheapest and easiest).

Just wish i had some form of realiable cc ..pref from thailand.

talk to siam commercial bank ... about a visa logo debit card

Im with SteveMiddie here.

1. Open a KBank passbook savings account. 2 Request a FLEX-C Visa Electron (Plus)card.

which is good for ATM's worldwide.

3. Apply for online banking. 4. Apply for their e-Web virtual web card for internet purchases.

Naka.