COVID-19 Policy Holders Protest against Default

webfact

tna.jpg

BANGKOK, (TNA) – COVID-19 insurance policy holders rallied at the Office of the Insurance Commission (OIC) to seek help after their insurers have defaulted for over a month.

The affected people, led by lawyer Ronnarong Kaewphet, filed their complaints at the OIC as their insurance firms failed to pay compensation for their COVID-19 infections. Their policies included those for lump sum compensation upon infection confirmation.

They were parts of about 4,000 people who hold the COVID-19 policies of Thai Insurance and 3,000 customers of Southeast Insurance Co. The protesters turned down the companies' claims that they were loss-ridden.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-902674

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-03-16

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

Like all insurance it is a <deleted> shoot.  A positive ATK test is not enough to file a claim, but a positive PCR test is needed as well as a doctors certificate showing the illness, and even then many have been denied.....Thai's do not like to part with hard earned money but when they do they expect to receive the coverage they paid for.

I have one of those policies, haven't bothered to read the fine print since it was so mild at the time, and I didn't want to get put in a room, that I didn't go to a doc, didn't get a PCR test. Was over in 9 or 10 days isolating at home. Just writing it off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, internationalism said:

does anybody know within what time limit southeast insurance suppose to pay claim?

It's over 30 days now, since I put my claim application.

They have confirmed getting it, but since then no replies. 

I think you might be waiting a very long time...

At the risk of repeating myself, this whole situation is farcical.

The companies involved, the OIC (regulator) and the government should all take a very long hard look at themselves. Shameful.

A reminder, if it were needed, of the quality and nature of the business environment here in Thailand.

• Like 1

from 15.02 rules for hospitalisation have changed, only those over 39C for a minimum 24h and those with over 25 breaths per minute are taken, also those in risk groups.

Rest do isolation or self-isolation.

For hospitels they keep only 7 days now (if they have space at all), with 3 days in self isolation.

My claim was yet in february, I have chosen hospital, instead of hospitel, so to be sure my 2 covid policies will be activated. One policy has payed 50k for medical care, but not remaining 90k for hospital room, food (anyway, cover from them was only for 100k).

My friend who works as a nurse and dealing with insurance at a private hospital is convinced policies will be paid, but with delay

Edited by internationalism