I've lost my desire to listen to music.

giddyup

Always been a music lover, had a big collection of both CD's and vinyl before I left Australia 14 years ago. Until recently used to listen to free music on apps like Radio Paradise, Jango and Accu radio, but now, at nearly 82 I find I prefer peace and quiet. Nothing wrong with my hearing, it's just that music doesn't move me like it used to. Sad.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Like food, don't partake in the same offering too often.

Once a month or less for the songs you love should keep them fresh.

Put on Rory Gallagher's 'Crest of a Wave' yesterday. That slide and voice still soar as they did back in the the early 70s 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 12:10 PM, giddyup said:

Always been a music lover, had a big collection of both CD's and vinyl before I left Australia 14 years ago. Until recently used to listen to free music on apps like Radio Paradise, Jango and Accu radio, but now, at nearly 82 I find I prefer peace and quiet. Nothing wrong with my hearing, it's just that music doesn't move me like it used to. Sad.

I prescribe a dose of Lamyai daily

• Haha 1

but now, at nearly 82 I find I prefer peace and quiet.

I have Radio Caroline playing in the background.

Not sure I'm "listening" but it is there. 

Edited by VocalNeal

Replying to the OP:

a. I do not listen to the same music I did when I was younger. (Most is crappola when we return to it.)

b. I can identify with your loss of interest in music, since I experienced an almost complete loss of interest in reading novels (all fiction) 20 years ago. When the world is like ours is now, who needs fiction.....right?

c. So, anyway, I still love music, but I need more complex music to keep my brain occupied, and to stave off boredom.

I listen to this NYC station.

I love JS Bach due to the complexity of the music.

JS Bach wrote a lot of chamber music, baroque music, which I have always loved, and which seems even better as I age.

d. Therefore, search out baroque music.  And, try this link to listen to the NYC Radio Station that plays nothing but great music:

image.png.1d03eb5d3ea89cdddeb57d942cf469bb.png

image.png.91059f48b78db982c334774fb8c19e33.png

https://www.wqxr.org/

Novels today, IMHO, are getting more and more insipid and trashy, as years go buy.

Therefore, listen to this radio station while you concentrate on Non_Fiction, instead.

You cannot go wrong if you do.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Nothing wrong with my hearing, it's just that music doesn't move me like it used to. Sad.

Sometimes I feel the same way about movies.🤔