World Bank Thailand To Advise Management Of Thailand's Marine Resources

Jai Dee

World Bank Thailand to advise management of Thailand's marine resources

The World Bank Thailand Office has offered to give tehnical advice concerning marine resources management for Thailand. Meanwhile, it says the management can be of success when local residents are encouraged to take part in environmental conservation.

The country Director of the World Bank Thailand Office, Mr. Ian C. Porter, says Thailand has many policies to conserve environment, but its implementation lacks efficiency. He remarks local communities should take more roles to manage and conserve environment of Thailand’s seashores.

The World Bank has proposed 5 measures, including the prevention of shore evasion, the support on fishery industry in long run, the strengthening of community and people participation, the strengthening of inspection into coastal economic activities, and the drafting of Act to support management of marine resources.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 14 June 2007

World Bank Thailand to advise management of Thailand's marine resources

The World Bank Thailand Office has offered to give tehnical advice concerning marine resources management for Thailand. Meanwhile, it says the management can be of success when local residents are encouraged to take part in environmental conservation.

The country Director of the World Bank Thailand Office, Mr. Ian C. Porter, says Thailand has many policies to conserve environment, but its implementation lacks efficiency. He remarks local communities should take more roles to manage and conserve environment of Thailand’s seashores.

The World Bank has proposed 5 measures, including the prevention of shore evasion, the support on fishery industry in long run, the strengthening of community and people participation, the strengthening of inspection into coastal economic activities, and the drafting of Act to support management of marine resources.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 14 June 2007

I'm sorry for again being a pedant (I'm not really - sorry that is) but who writes/translates this cr*p.

Does "the prevention of shore evasion" involve more coastal shipwrecks ?

I will not bother to comment on the fact that 90% of this text is meaningless babble , just that phrase leapt out of the morass as worthy of note.

PS I hear this <deleted> is looking for a job for his girlfriend. Double her current salary OK ?