Who Is MAANII??? And, Why Do We Love Her Thailand Story? And, Are you Heartsick Over Her Seeming Cultural Demise?

My Dear Friends,

In all seriousness, did you old guys originally come to Thailand in order to partake of a more traditional lifestyle, after reading the Mana Manee Books?

Who is Mana Manee, anyway?

Here she is, and here are her friends, too….!

1688968896_ManeeMonkeyandFriends.jpg.e40d8e631280ae4b7c2dc19e512b1b8e.jpg

Some of you old guys might get tears in your eyes just considering all the tradition lost in Thailand, ever since these great and wonderful books were first published, years ago, when life in Thailand was purer and happier.

OK.  To be honest with you, I fell in love with the Maanii (Manee) Books, just as soon as I began to read them.

Stories about snakes, horses, dogs, a monkey, and cats, in Thailand, are inestimably enthralling.

So, in fact, and in all seriousness, how have these great books touched your soul, as they have absolutely touched mine.

When an era is lost, whom amongst us feeling guys do not mourn.

Some say that men have no soft spot in their hearts.

However, I know that there are guys on the Farang Pub who surely do have a soft spot for such a touching thing as these stories which were created so successfully to instill good morals in good children, which is a very good thing.

I think that these stories worked their magic. There is no doubt.

And now, I just wish that these days of Manee could return, though I realize that this will never, ever, happen.

Such the poorer we shall be for the loss.

Best regards,

Glob

(There are various transliterations and romanizations of the Thai word for Manee āนี  .  Take your pick, but please do not blame me, here, for using several romanizations, just to please nobody.  Thank you.)

• Thanks 1