sim card

Burgo1979

37 minutes ago, Burgo1979 said:

so if i buy a 49 baht sim card, can i use internet for whatsapp, line etc straight away?, instant connection?, no other packages needed?

it will come with minimal data so will runout same day so you'll need to buy a data add on or just use wifi from bar or hotel etc

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

it will come with minimal data so will runout same day so you'll need to buy a data add on or just use wifi from bar or hotel etc

Ok thanks, i actually only need it for use of wifi,,,no calls, no mobile data etc,,,,,,so using wifi, its basically unlimited?, no need yo buy any data add on?

31 minutes ago, Burgo1979 said:

Ok thanks, i actually only need it for use of wifi,,,no calls, no mobile data etc,,,,,,so using wifi, its basically unlimited?, no need yo buy any data add on?

You'll need to add credit to extend it's validity. 12 baht per 30 days at any Boontherm device outside convenience shops. you'll be left with 10 baht of credit per top up. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

You'll need to add credit to extend it's validity. 12 baht per 30 days at any Boontherm device outside convenience shops. you'll be left with 10 baht of credit per top up. 

Ok, thanks, but for the first 30 days?, i can use wifi straight away?,,,just buy the 49 baht sim, put in phone and its ready?

5 minutes ago, Burgo1979 said:

Ok, thanks, but for the first 30 days?, i can use wifi straight away?,,,just buy the 49 baht sim, put in phone and its ready?

Okay, so you just want to use it to register for a LINE account. You just buy any SIM and let the vendor register it for you or you can do it yourself using the network's instruction.

Edited by Bruno123

Just now, Bruno123 said:

I don't know what you are talking about. WiFi is not connected to the SIM. Why DTAC in particular. Why not any SIM?

Dosent have to be DTAC. I need a sim card surely if i want to use LINE, as you need a code sending to a number to be able to accsess it

13 minutes ago, postegro apk said:

For a fact it ordinarily requires a visa and confirmation of address.

I just registered a DTAC SIM only for Data use. Sh

owed a copy of my Passport at DTAC Office = Done.

Edited by KannikaP

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

come on, all the girls use Line

Wise word of the day :biggrin:

No life without LINE.

And seriously, all of our family use it.

Many businesses in Thailand use it. Even offices etc.

There are payment options ...

I will never understand the whole range.

LINE is a must in Thailand.

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 years ago my girl friend bought the cheapest SIM (Thai can buy them - no paperwork). I got LINE on WiFi only phone and laptop (no SIM, got synchonized from the phone).

Then, when SIM time expired in 3 month, I replaced it with an old "dead" European SIM and LINE has been working perfectly for free ????

PS. True - no LINE no action....