Anyone notice reduction of availability’s at VMI

DJ54

Was at the local VM in Udon Thani this week... looks like the deli section.. slice meats etc. is gone. They’ve moved things around and looks like reduction of offerings. Covid/Expats leaving or cutting back is my best guess... deli section was my favorite.. are others like BC cutting back.. Thanks 

• Confused 3

24 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Thailand - the HOA?  (Hub Of Acronyms.)  ????

it wasn't that hard to figure out. I managed it and I'm half cut from drinking Chang all day.

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Haha 2

Villa Market in Bangkok; in some locations less bread variety (e.g. rye), and no more bagels. Noticed that in other supermarkets as well over the past two years, i.e. the 'bread corner' shrinking significantly in size and variety. But other products as well. Also longer gaps between shelf refillings when 'Western food' is out of stock.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

Been noticing that all through Covid times at Villa. Sometimes the frozen foods section was completely empty. Canned goods would be bare shelves for certain brands,  I buy red lentils and they were missing for several months. Sometimes the potato chip section was next to empty. I asked one manager and he said it's all up to resupply in Bangkok.

I'm noticing the same trend in Canada now, some sections empty due to lack of supply. Covid knocked the supply chain pretty hard and now with Putin's little adventure it's taking another beating

On 3/20/2022 at 2:30 PM, DJ54 said:

Should have been VM Villa Market Udon Thani . The deli section for sliced meats etc. is gone 

and shelves are less stocked..

They totally rearranged the deck chairs at VM Udon Thani about a month ago and now you enter right in the middle of an enlarged booze section. It took a couple of trips to find where everything had been relocated to. The number of chest freezers full of imported stuff has been reduced but bread and fruits and veggies and everything else looks the same size and stock. I never used their deli section much  as it was expensive but it always looked moribund anyway so maybe that's why it's been canned? There's an expanded range of deli meats in the vertical coolers but it's not huge.

The best selection and variety of meat cold cuts, sausages and the like is on Nittayo Road at Cheese 2 Meat U, right next to the Post Office. I have also found some decent beef pastrami at Big C Nittayo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The best selection and variety of meat cold cuts, sausages and the like is on Nittayo Road at Cheese 2 Meat U, right next to the Post Office. I have also found some decent beef pastrami at Big C Nittayo

Thanks for the tip I’ve always wanted to stop in there and now have a good reason. Your description of the new look is spot on.. Thanks