Alleged Thai ‘Blood Slave’ Retracts Account

geovalin

A Thai woman who claimed 10 days ago that her blood was harvested at a Sihanoukville scam operation said Friday she had fabricated her account in order to get a swift rescue. The 25-year-old spoke at a press conference in Bangkok held by Thai and Cambodian authorities, where Thai police officers said the story, which had made national headlines, was fake.

Police said the woman has been charged with intentionally reporting false crime, and they would also be pursuing charges of working abroad illegally against her as well. “Everything that [I said] happened was not true at all. I was not abducted. I made up the whole thing to get help,” she said. “I’ve heard from other people that there had been incidents like this, so I had an idea of using it to request help from authorities.”

According to an official statement from Thai police, the woman worked at a scam operation in Banteay Meanchey’s Poipet city since the beginning of 2021 and had never left the city. Police did not disclose whether she was trafficked or voluntarily worked as a scammer.

read more https://vodenglish.news/alleged-thai-blood-slave-retracts-account/

thai-presser-1.jpeg.834351c4fccebf9807f1f35b6bd3bb8b.jpeg